6 Minutes in September (Part 1)

Started by mr_john, January 14, 2013, 08:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_john

So for those not on Twitter, Sir Lord Mr The Right Honourable Godfrey (MP, BSc, BBC, NSDAQ, Esq.) announced that the first new F* album will be titled "6 Minutes in September (Part 1)".

My initial thoughts were that it had to do with 9/11 (the time between the planes hitting each tower) but fact checking proved this to be wrong. So now I'm back to square one. Although I still can;t shake the feeling that this concept album *might* be something to do with dropping the kids off fo the first day of school......  ;)  :lol:

So what are your thoughts, hypothesis, speculation, outright lies, downright balderdash on all this hoo-hah?

Trapezium Artist

JimD

I just tried listening to Heartstrings from the Scala gig (using this Frost*ie vid in fact - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBMmkVkzOck) to see if there's a reference in there, but could not make one out.  Has anyone else picked anything up from there?

It is however a very exciting sounding song and it makes the possibility of 6MIS(P1) all the more tantalising already!

I do notice mr_john that your avatar has a 6 for the cam-thing in your vehicle's wheel!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

mr_john

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"See the earlier thread for my take on what this might mean ... :-)

//http://www.frost-music.co.uk/frosties/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3430

Ahh apologies for the thread toe-stepping business. Did not see that one.

But I do like your theory. Oh yes. **strokes beard**

Quote from: "JimD"I do notice mr_john that your avatar has a 6 for the cam-thing in your vehicle's wheel!

Oh so it does! Unintentional I can assure you!! But prophetic none the less. I shall expect and Exec. Producer credit on the new album for obviously influencing the title.

JakeWorrell

I can't do anything with the title, but there are a couple of things that have struck me so far:

1 - In the following frost report http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1Bw#t=243s

after "oh my gawwwwd", Jem says "in the weirdest way, the whole of frost*'s career has tied itself up nicely with this album" whilst doing a circular motion which suggests to me that the story relates to an earlier song.

2 - In 'Fathers' there are the words "I'm one life, I'm two lives down". Which to me reeks of Milliontown.

I'm probably reading too much into it all though, but that's part of the fun, right?
"The longer the note, the more dread."

johninblack

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"I can't do anything with the title, but there are a couple of things that have struck me so far:

1 - In the following frost report http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1Bw#t=243s

after "oh my gawwwwd", Jem says "in the weirdest way, the whole of frost*'s career has tied itself up nicely with this album" whilst doing a circular motion which suggests to me that the story relates to an earlier song.

2 - In 'Fathers' there are the words "I'm one life, I'm two lives down". Which to me reeks of Milliontown.

I'm probably reading too much into it all though, but that's part of the fun, right?

Zombies pt II?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

gr8gonzo

Could be a prequel to "The Other Me"  :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, I thought it may have to do with reflecting on his life and legacy, and as that lyric suggests, mortality. In a way, a Frost* version of Spock's Beard's "Octane"

Whatever the concept, I'm certain it will be brilliant and will not leave anyone's ears for a long, long time.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

johninblack

I've sussed it, when you think about it it's obvious!
It's a follow on from snowman and what would happen to a snowman in 6 minutes in September. It's working title is "The Big Puddle" and the concept is Snowman to melt-water and the journey from one to the other.
See? Easy!!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

rogerg

JimD

QuoteIt's working title is "The Big Puddle" and the concept is Snowman to melt-water and the journey from one to the other.

WOW!  That has totally sprung out a lost memory of mine.  We watched a film in school in about 1979 about a kid who made a toy boat and put it at the source of a river, and the film followed the toy as it floated downstream and out to the sea.  I think he might even have jammed it in some snow to start with and had to wait for that to melt and that's what jogged that memory.

This is nothing to do with the album title(s) of course but did anyone else see that (other than my classmates and teacher, who I presume don't peruse this board)?

In an attempt to drag this back on topic I notice that if you take the initials of the words in Frost LP titles released via InsideOut records you get M EIMA TPE SMISPO which is an anagram of...PIPESTEM MIMOSA (thanks to http://www.ssynth.co.uk/~gay/anagram.html)!

This is clearly a reference to the Frost* Report where Lord Connaught and Jem of Godfrey tried to smoke pipes as well as being a champagne cocktail "Cheers" to the future of...all things.

Everything suddenly slots together...  :D
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Mikey

Quote from: "JimD"In an attempt to drag this back on topic
How dare you  :)
I used to have a signature

SmartUK

It's all much simpler than you're making out.  It's an album about Jem's attempts to re-connect with public transport; Six Minutes In September is an anagram of Experiments In Bus Times :)
Frost*, monkey, trumpet, ARSE!!

Rook

Brilliant! As long as it isn't an anagram for "Experiments in Bum Sites". I am not sure I would be quite such a frequent visitor to the Frost* website...

E.S.

Beirut Misspent Ximenes
Bernstein Semite Mixups
Immunise Preexistent BS
Bitten Premium Sexiness
Intestines Premixes Bum
Bum Sentiments Expires
Einsteins Extremis Bump
Sixteen Timer Bumpiness
Tim Experiment Business
Numbness Pixie Emitters
Timex Serpent Minibuses

It's a gold mine. :D

lyn

Six minutes in september (part one)...

Important (e)business experiment or
(e) important business experiment or
(e) experiment - important business
(e) business experiment - important
Or similar...
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com