Celebr8 - Kingston Hippodrome 7th + 8th July

Started by Pedro, January 29, 2012, 10:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

I've not heard any mention of Jem being in attendance for Tinyfish. I somewhat expected he would be. Anyone know if he was there?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

I don't think he was, but I famously tend to miss such things at gigs. :roll:

Steven Willson was there on Saturday but not, I believe, on Sunday.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

If it helps clarify things, I didn't see him either
I used to have a signature

MarkOneMusic

Oh boy, what a weekend!

Brilliant.  Great to catch up with some of you guys in person.  

Nells with her mouse-like helper did a great job on the merch desk, there were some stand-out performances and Mrs One took in excess of 500 photos... 18MPix RAW... that's a lot of data! When she has some up on-line I'll post a link.

So many highlights I can't decide what were my favourite bits, but Mr Mitchell with It Bites was a stand-out set (early tech probs with his amp not withstanding)

Tinyfish's swansong was a bitter-sweet moment.  They were awesome and hysterical in equal measure.  All our good wishes go to Simon for the future, and it was great to catch up with him at the bar, and he assures me there will be more studio material even if the live shows are now over.

Bert

Quote from: "Pedro"I don't think he was, but I famously tend to miss such things at gigs. :roll:

Steven Willson was there on Saturday but not, I believe, on Sunday.

If he was there than he made a bloody good job of hiding himself away.

SW was there to review IQ for CRPP on Sat.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

D S

Actually, I was standing beside someone at one point on Saturday who I thought was taking his prog image very seriously as he looked the spitting image of Steven Wilson...  :shock:
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Fogeyspasm

The whole weekend was awesome and great to meet up with so many people from the Frost* and Tinyfish forums and from The Dividing Line chat rooms. :D
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

catherine

Indeed - it was absolutely brilliant. More power to Twang's elbow!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"Indeed - it was absolutely brilliant. More power to Twang's elbow!

Catherine - hoping you'll read this, can you check your p.m.'s please?

ta, TA

LivingForever

Well, it may be too late and you may all be sick hearing about it by now - but...

Here's my review of Celebr8 Day 1.

http://bit.ly/Me4WJt
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

Never sick of reading your take on events, James.
I can confirm that the best place to watch Subterranea from was right next to the big projector (although I could have done without the hot exhaust air from the bulb - it was quite warm enough in the venue). The "viewpoint" of the projector was bound to be the best point but there wasn't very much of the show that relied upon it.
This was the only place where the red-lit Pete Nicholls could be seen through the circular aperture on the front screen projection...

...which, if you think about it would only ever work for about 2% of the audience wherever you staged it.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"