Main Menu

Celebr8.3 2014

Started by Splinky, October 03, 2013, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffbanks

Good news is that food is being served in The Vineyard opposite venue. Also acoustic acts will be playing between 6.30-7.30 with a few special surprises.

Get your weekend/day/evening tickets from www.themerchdesk.com.
Also with Frost* closing the last ever Celebr8 let us make it go out with a bang.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: geoffbanks on May 29, 2014, 11:37:19 AM
Good news is that food is being served in The Vineyard opposite venue. Also acoustic acts will be playing between 6.30-7.30 with a few special surprises.

Get your weekend/day/evening tickets from www.themerchdesk.com.
Also with Frost* closing the last ever Celebr8 let us make it go out with a bang.

Last ever Celebr8?  :o

(As for food, p'raps we can arrange to order some take-away Indian, pick it up, and sit scoffing it in front of the acoustic chaps. I mean, it's Frost*; it must be a curry ...  8))

lyn

Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

D S

Quote from: lyn on June 02, 2014, 01:03:02 AM
Awesome  8)
Good! But more info required for those of us who couldn't attend! Set list? New songs? Any snippets gratefully received!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

lyn

ok...not my forte, lists, but here goes...
setlist
Jem forgot the intro tape...
Heartstrings opened...
A swathe of sound in the middle... in the wrong order and no doubt with omissions:
Pocket Sun
Wonderland
Falling Down
Experiments in Mass Appeal
Black Light Machine
Hyperventilate
Lanterns Acoustic by the Twats
A new NEW piece called Scientist(?)
Milliontown
Came back to encore with the Other Me

Put me right all you detail meisters...I'm more of a big picture girl (and I can't remember what I heard at the gig and what we sang on the way home!)

Like I said-AWESOME!
Fantastic weekend
E and OE

Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

D S

Thanks - looks good.
And Milliontown - the track that was going to be 'rested' from the live set!  :o
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

No time now, plane to catch. But 'twas jolly good, and Milliontown was well, well beyond that.

More during the week, including pictures next weekend, probably.

Mikey

No DVD or it didn't happen  :) :) :) :) :)
I used to have a signature

owen

Blu-Ray, surely, in 5.1

catherine

It was awesome :) and Frost* looked as if they were really having fun. It was at the end of a loooong and brilliant weekend and it rounded it all off very nicely.

Mikey

Quote from: catherine on June 02, 2014, 12:28:57 PM
It was awesome :) and Frost* looked as if they were really having fun. It was at the end of a loooong and brilliant weekend and it rounded it all off very nicely.
No proof it happened
photos can be doctored
Need DVD evidence  :)
I used to have a signature

L33VEY

Falling Down, Wonderland and EIMA were good to hear, having been missed from the squeeze on the DVD - Nathan starting to do more vocals as well.

It's certainly scotched the troubles from Celebr8.2 from my memory
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

BrendanGee

Just looking at the set-list I can tell that this was a great gig (mind you isn't it always where Frost* is concerned  :P)

Filled equally with excitement (for possible videos) and sadness (that I could not make it down to see it myself).

Hope that you all enjoyed yourselves.  :)

(EDIT: Also, great to hear that Nathan is becoming more present vocally. He has a good voice.)
Bring on the Trumpets!

D S

The first of the videos from last night is now up c/o Fogeyspasm (thank you sir!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cXo5PwLv8g
So it officially happened now!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

JakeWorrell

I'm off to bed after a very busy weekend but I just wanted to pop in and say I thought the big F were on fire last night! Not literally of course, that would be horrible.

My girlfriend Jen was with me (she's into prog too!) and her words at the end of the night were "I can honestly say that was the best gig I've ever been to". And she has been to quite a few.

Fingers crossed for a AGM at the end of the year.
"The longer the note, the more dread."