Concrete Lake - Summer's End "Wow moment"

Started by Pedro, October 10, 2011, 02:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Hi,
Just a brief note to recommend you check-out this band. They blew the roof off Summer's End this year, bagging the first ever opening band encore.
The lead guitarist Luke Machin (should that say machine? he's insanely talented) and Dan the similarly brilliant bass player had already appeared with The Tangent on the day before but I don't think anyone was prepared for just how good all of the band were going to be. This was a bunch of early twenty-somethings playing some really good sounding, intricate stuff.
One to watch for the future.

There's a few demos on their Facebook page - I thoroughly commend them to the house...
http://www.facebook.com/concretelake?re ... 8091127385

Pedders x
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

Yes, Concrete Lake were ball witheringly good. They're playing The Peel this Thursday if anyone happens to be drifting by that way. Luke the guitarist deploys some of the best guitar gurning ever.

Mikey

Is that Greg's cousin

or

Concrete, Lake & Gravel
I used to have a signature

owen

Concrete, Lake & Gravel

I hear UPS reserve them for particularly recalcitrant employees :!:

Mikey

Quote from: "owen"I hear UPS reserve them for particularly recalcitrant employees :!:
Under the M25
I used to have a signature

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Quote from: "Pedro"Hi,
Just a brief note to recommend you check-out this band. They blew the roof off Summer's End this year, bagging the first ever opening band encore.
The lead guitarist Luke Machin (should that say machine? he's insanely talented) and Dan the similarly brilliant bass player had already appeared with The Tangent on the day before but I don't think anyone was prepared for just how good all of the band were going to be. This was a bunch of early twenty-somethings playing some really good sounding, intricate stuff.
One to watch for the future.

There's a few demos on their Facebook page - I thoroughly commend them to the house...
http://www.facebook.com/concretelake?re ... 8091127385

Pedders x

I totally concur with Pedders review, the guys blew me away! I think if their album had been ready for purchase they'd have made a killing!
I thought Luke was very much like a young Francis Dunnery in the It Bites days, and on checking out Luke's FaceyB page it seems that indeed Mr Dunnery was something of an influence, there's also some pics of him on stage with Frank... I'd like to see a widdle-off (excuse the phrase) between those two!

Mouse