EIMA - Whats your favourite track ?

Started by Dave M, November 17, 2008, 12:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave M

I'm quite a few listens in now ... the delivery boy was good to me.  ;)

Pocket Sun and Toys have almost instantly found their way into my sub conscious (and my heart), with Saline and Dear Dead Days just behind, but the title track is immense.

You can accuse me of being sycophantic (I am), but I don't think there's a bad song on the album.

If I were to pick a favourite, at the moment it would be Experiments .. I love the Lord of Rock guitar solo (can't get the image of Jem and the circuit bent speaker out of my mind), and the finish to the song is just immense, maybe it's just my familiarity with EIMA though as I've had the gig CD since the London show in the summer.

Congratulations to Jem, JM, JJJ, Dec and Andy ... I rather like it, bloody marvelous stuff !

... despite the missing inside leg measurements from the booklet !  :lol:

Now I just need to find some time to sit and watch the DVD disc.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Philadelphia

Why am I torturing myself by even checking this forum today? *sigh*
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Ecosse

For me, so far I think it's definately gotta be either DDD, or Falling Down :twisted:
| Chris |
Twitter

Mikey

Quote from: "Philadelphia"Why am I torturing myself by even checking this forum today? *sigh*
Know exactly what you mean
I used to have a signature

NoMeNoYou

I honestly can't decide.  Falling Down, DDD, and Welcome to Nowhere I guess, because they're the newest ones for me.  But I really do love 'em all.

Wickerman

It's a tough one, cause it works so well as an album, and hearing it in sequence has further highlighted the brilliance of tracks we already had (notably the title track, the production of which, on the tour cd, i found to be a bit harsh, so that when the rocky bits kicked in, and when listening to the outro, it hurt my head a bit... now it sounds sumptous!)  Listening to 'Welcome to Nowhere' and 'Saline' a lot, because they're the least familiar; and they're both excellent.  I'm amazed jem managed to keep them from us for so long.  'You/I's a little gem too, with a brilliant 'sod off' lyric.  My favourites overall, though, are probably 'Falling Down' and 'Toys'...

LivingForever

Dear Dead Days and Falling Down which to me are two halves of a whole... rather like a jammie dodger. With no middle. Which would be a crap jammie dodger actually.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Steve

Welcome to Nowhere is probably my favourite, i'm suprised that i've not seen more people mentioned this as theirs on the forum?

I love the first verse melody and the pre-chorus melody, the chorus is also one of Jem's best in my opinion too, it's extremely uplifting and the syncopation in the bass movement is great (spot the music student :( ).
Suhr Carved Top - Carvin DC727 - Roland Fantom X8 FOR SALE  - Axe-FX Ultra

LivingForever

Quote from: "Steve"Welcome to Nowhere is probably my favourite, i'm suprised that i've not seen more people mentioned this as theirs on the forum?

I love the first verse melody and the pre-chorus melody, the chorus is also one of Jem's best in my opinion too, it's extremely uplifting and the syncopation in the bass movement is great (spot the music student :( ).

It also has some of the bizarrest words I've ever heard in a song lyric! Genius...

AnsOnkruid

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Philadelphia"Why am I torturing myself by even checking this forum today? *sigh*
Know exactly what you mean
So do I :(
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Steve

Quote from: "LivingForever"
Quote from: "Steve"Welcome to Nowhere is probably my favourite, i'm suprised that i've not seen more people mentioned this as theirs on the forum?

It also has some of the bizarrest words I've ever heard in a song lyric! Genius...

Numb masturbator? :D Or am I hearing that COMPLETELY wrong  :lol:
Suhr Carved Top - Carvin DC727 - Roland Fantom X8 FOR SALE  - Axe-FX Ultra

LivingForever

Quote from: "Steve"Numb masturbator? :D Or am I hearing that COMPLETELY wrong  :lol:

Yes I think that's right.... and rhyming it with 'Vile carbonator'? Which is just mental...

I wouldn't like to be whoever this song is about!

szabiakanich

Toys, hands down. Closely followed by Dear Dead Days. Both brilliant songs.  But the whole album is absolutely amazing. m/ 8-)  8-)  8-)

Gedfaz

Got to be Saline for me.... lovely song... lovely feel to it....

Rick

Welcome to Nowhere, and Dear Dead Days by far. Wish the riff section in the middle of DDD was longer, you know, the one where Jem did it on synths then got the lads to play it, best riff ever :D