Main Menu

All Change

Started by Jem, May 20, 2009, 10:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geetar

Blimey, I come home from a hard day's wrestling monitor speakers across the landscape, to read this news.

So....I can only echo what's already been said. Best of luck, JJ, and thanks for all your input and energy over the past few years. Top geezer. I'm just sorry that I never got to see the band live in its original lineup.

And best of luck, Jem, in finding a suitable replacement. A bassist/ Stick player, perhaps...?
This space for sale.

RWA

Jem is trying to drive us mental! Drummer leaves, new drummer is hired but in the meantime a US drummer stands in but not for the UK gigs; that'll be the original drummer who left in the first place; after that the new drummer will fill the slot. Oh, and the bass player left.  :shock:

:mrgreen:

Good luck and all the best to you JJ. Thanks for everything.  :D

One day Jem'll leave Frost* and it'll take us atleast 2 weeks to notice!  ;)
Oh, and this'll require some extensive photoshoppery. 2 heads will need to be replaced now!  :shock:

RWA

LivingForever

Quote from: "Mouse"Right, who here said they could play bass? We can make that DVD happen, guys!  8-)

That was me...  8-)

Sadly, the rehearsal plans haven't quite gone as anticipated.

But on another note....

Nathan King!!! Level 4rost*ie2!  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

Quote from: "RWA"There ya go!  ;)

Yikes! The one at top right is deffo what I'd call scraping the barrel and coming up MT....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "RWA"Jem is trying to drive us mental! Drummer leaves, new drummer is hired but in the meantime a US drummer stands in but not for the UK gigs; that'll be the original drummer who left in the first place; after that the new drummer will fill the slot. Oh, and the bass player left.  :shock:

:mrgreen:

Good luck and all the best to you JJ. Thanks for everything.  :D

One day Jem'll leave Frost* and it'll take us atleast 2 weeks to notice!  ;)
Oh, and this'll require some extensive photoshoppery. 2 heads will need to be replaced now!  :shock:

But then it is "Prog". Arrgggh..... I said the "P" word  ;)  ;)  ;)

GOOD LUCK JJ.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Gandalf1986

Blimey! What a mess! We're lost in the echoes of goodbyes to JJ...

Onwards now!
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

ChrisX

I think Jem is trying to take the world record of progband line-up changes from Yes  :lol:

Sad to see JJ go because besides the already mentioned awesome musician he is, he just brings so much spirit to the life performances.

But good luck to him on his professional venture and the new musical adventure he is about to embark upon. You know, he has played with a lot of people so his phonebook is pretty impressive I guess and he could get a very interesting project going I guess.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Ecosse

Not really much more that can be said!

Sad to see you leave JJ, but all the best in the new venture!

And good news on the live album, any more news wheter its gonna be a single or double album?
| Chris |
Twitter

Trapezium Artist

Egads ...  :(

As I was reading the thread through, IQ's Frequency was being played for the first time since it dropped out of the mailbox yesterday: excellent job Baron JJJ and his highly-intelligent mates (title track is as jaw-dropping in its studio form as the live version is on the IQ website).

Anyway, thank you JJJ for all you've done with Frost*: not just the music but you're a top fellow all around, despite your Ming the Merciless impression appearance-wise  :D

Collective chins up, Frost*ies: citius, altius, frost*ius and all that prog ...

MikeO

What is it about Prog bands? - cant keep a consistent lineup for more than one album!!

So when are "Trevors" Rabin and Horn joining?

And Thanks to JJ for the low bits and the mucho funny bits! All the best with your new projects.

Onwards and upwards!!

Mike
Its like Christmas and meeting an old friend and going down the pub and getting a bag of cash. HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!

johninblack

Can't believe how sad this news has made me, oh well, onwards and upwards.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Jem

Quote from: "MikeO"What is it about Prog bands? - cant keep a consistent lineup for more than one album!!
:lol: I know. I might take a leaf out of Steve Thorne's book from now on.

LivingForever

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "MikeO"What is it about Prog bands? - cant keep a consistent lineup for more than one album!!
:lol: I know. I might take a leaf out of Steve Thorne's book from now on.

Who needs a band when you have the Tenori-on?  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

D S

Bugger.  :(

I was also just listening to the excellent new IQ album this morning, quitely thinking to myself 'ha, that's the Frost* rhythm section there'.  Well, it was.

My comments are the same as everyone else - thanks JJ for all you've put into Frost* and good luck with whatever your new ventures are.  We'll miss you.

Nathan is however a sound choice for the forthcoming gigs (I've only seen him as a guitarist with Level 42 but I know he did sterling service for the IB boys recently on bass) so I look forward to seeing him in Southampton.
Come on, you\'re a lion!