Forum Topic Legend

Started by gr8gonzo, November 11, 2008, 04:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquid

Anybody else notice that there is a subcategory called Frost* between the board index and all the topics? I mean, this thread is in Frost* which is within Frost* which is within the board index. However, I haven't really noticed any other intermediate subheading. Just curious, is all. Is the board expected to expand, or are there secret mod boards or something?

wickedwitch

Quote from: "Liquid"Anybody else notice that there is a subcategory called Frost* between the board index and all the topics? I mean, this thread is in Frost* which is within Frost* which is within the board index. However, I haven't really noticed any other intermediate subheading. Just curious, is all. Is the board expected to expand, or are there secret mod boards or something?

it's a secret place  where the secrets of the kennedy assasination, sarah palin's wardrobe sense and the combined mysteries of  the alien overlords are kept.

RacingHippo

Quote from: "wickedwitch"it's a secret place  where the secrets of the kennedy assasination, sarah palin's wardrobe sense and the combined mysteries of  the alien overlords are kept.
Sarah Palin's wardrobe certainly has more sense than Sarah Palin...  :lol:
* May contain nuts.

Brom

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "wickedwitch"it's a secret place  where the secrets of the kennedy assasination, sarah palin's wardrobe sense and the combined mysteries of  the alien overlords are kept.
Sarah Palin's wardrobe certainly has more sense than Sarah Palin...  :lol:

I have it on good authority that the mysteries surrounding Sara Palin's wardrobe have had the CIA baffled for ages and they have handed the case over to British intelligence.

MFI are now looking into it.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

catherine

So was Jem an acclaimed moose whisperer before Sarah Palin came to public attention, or was he just attempting to capture the zeitgeist by jumping on the moose bandwagon?

Ash

Quote from: "Pedro"If only it was a list that only showed unread posts, like on the Tinyfish forum.
Then you wouldn't have to remember which you had looked at (if you are a forgetful old....wossname like me!).

I love the NEW bit, very helpful.   :D
Ash
xxx

rogerg

I do wish clicking on the thread title would take me to the first unread post, rather than the beginning.  it's hard to find where I last was.

but, I have (just!) learned that if I click the thread title, then there is a link to "first unread post", so things are looking good!

Liquid

Yeah, the "first unread post" thing is an absolutely lovely commodity. I love it to death.

Although, I have to add, I missed the part about how exactly Jem and Sarah Palin are related?

Pedro

Quote from: "Sarah"
Quote from: "Pedro"If only it was a list that only showed unread posts, like on the Tinyfish forum.
Then you wouldn't have to remember which you had looked at (if you are a forgetful old....wossname like me!).

Ooh, was that there there pointed at me, missus?  ;)

Tinyfish's "unread posts since last visit" page empties out as you read the posts, our "view new posts" page does not....unless I am using ours in the wrong way?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"

Tinyfish's "unread posts since last visit" page empties out as you read the posts, our "view new posts" page does not....unless I am using ours in the wrong way?
It doesn't empty out, but it does put a before each one that's got new-to-you posts. And if you click the aforesaid , you go straight to the first unread.
'Tis kewl.
* May contain nuts.

rogerg

It doesn't empty out, but it does put a before each one that's got new-to-you posts. And if you click the aforesaid , you go straight to the first unread.
'Tis kewl.

and that's the little bit of info I was looking for!  yay!  even better.

Mikey

Quote from: "rogerg"

'Tis kewl.

and that's the little bit of info I was looking for!  yay!  even better.
Indeed it is.
There are loads of (brilliant) little additions if you poke around.
It's also available under the last post column (cue bugles)

The bugle developed from early musical or communication instruments made of animal horns,[1] with the word "bugle" itself coming from "buculus", Latin for bullock (castrated bull).
I used to have a signature