Steven Wilson

Started by Dena, February 13, 2009, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesA

I should have said something to you - I will definitely recognise you next time, so there's no escaping now lol

I have met him twice now and both times have found him very easy to talk with, and I enjoy his sense of humour.  My copy of Raingods With Zippos was already signed by pretty much everyone else on the album after a signing session at the time it came out - when I asked him if he would sign it he replied with an obvious smile that he better had, seeing as how everyone else had.

MikeEvs

I didn't make it to Cardiff yesterday.  After photographing a gig the previous night I opted for sorting out photos and having a lazy day at home

Mouse

Quote from: "LivingForever"I can confirm he is not miserable and grumpy - very nice man! I don't know why, but I also had the impression that he would be like that. Strange!

Thanks for the reassurance, LFE!  :)

RWA

I'm rather dissapointed by this album. I love PT and Blackfield and I wasn't expecting the music to sound like that but I find it rather boring and awfully depressing. I can usually handle the "cheery" lyrics and vocals of PT and BF but this album wants me put an end to it all!  :shock:

K, that's an overstatement. Let's just say this one isn't for me.  :)

FantomG

Harmony Korine was the outstanding track for me...and loved most of the rest...hope he goes on to do some solo dates ...playing tracks from PT and BF ...that would be well worth the trip!

....but for now, I will eagerly await the posty arriving tomorrow to see if the ROABP Cd of PT's complete 75 minute performance from the Ilosaarirock festival in Finland arrives... rawk M/   :D

EVP

I purchased this album today and already knew it would be a smash hit with me.
I put it in on my way home from work and I'm really thrilled to hear this album
and it came just when I've been having a sh#tty week. I was surprised to find
it has the DVD-A disc with it as well.

FantomG

My ROABP copy of the Finnish PT live gig arrived today...excellent stuff ....memories..... :D very happy :D

Brom

Got the album this week. First listening had me thinking... this is the work of someone who is recording far too often. Plus it's very dark, moody and on the whole uninspiring. That was on the way into work. On the way home a second listen prompted a shift in the other direction. OK, there is some way to go, but the morning's plan to dump it into the lower regions of the CD racks has been put on hold.

Got tickets to the Hammersmith PT gig later this year, hopefully see some of you there?
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Brom"Got tickets to the Hammersmith PT gig later this year, hopefully see some of you there?

Sorry going to the Bristol gig it's closer

LivingForever

Sorry, going to the Paris gig, it's a nicer venue *and* it's standing!

:D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

JamesA

I am going to the Hammersmith gig.  And Leeds, which is standing.  Thinking about Paris.

Fed up with them drip feeding the dates, though - I know it will make me book up more than I would if they all came out at once  :roll:

catherine

Quote from: "Brom"Got tickets to the Hammersmith PT gig later this year, hopefully see some of you there?

I'll be there! (sitting in the circle, I think, IIRC)

Mouse

I downloaded a few things by No-Man last night (Carolina Skeletons EP, Lighthouse and My Revenge On Seattle) after nearly a year of being hooked on an edited version of Truenorth. Absolutely superb! I've ordered Schoolyard Ghosts as well, which should be arriving in a week or two. Can't wait!  :D

Think I'll pick up a copy of Insurgents on Tuesday as well. I'm not that keen on Steven Wilson's more teenage angst-y/miserable grunge-style stuff (I'm not that big a fan of Fear Of A Blank Planet), but it's the general production of the album I'm interested in.

I like italics.  8-)

Philadelphia

Schoolyard Ghosts is one of my two favourite No-Man albums, Flowermouth being the other one. SG just has this air of... I dunno, there's something so soft and peaceful yet haunting about it. Then throw in the occasional moment of musical insanity and voila.

I hope you like it! (:-D
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mouse

I think liking it's already a given, I'm in love with Truenorth and I've only heard the Video Edit of Part 2! Flowermouth and Returning Jesus are now high on my list of stuff to buy.

That reminds me, I still need to have a look at ordering those two Tinyfish CDs...