Question about the old "FROST II preview" file

Started by spinningcannon, December 04, 2010, 05:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinningcannon

Sorry if this has been mentioned or explained prior to this, but it's driving me crazy.
I have a question about one of the songs used in this file:
http://www.drarok.com/frost/files/FROST ... review.mp3

Around 4:53 of this track, the solo from "Falling Down" segues into a song clip that, I must admit, I do not recognize at all.
Can anyone identify this track for me, and if possible, explain where or how I can obtain it?
Thanks!

gr8gonzo

Welcome to the forum, cannon!

If you're referring to the track that goes "and I can feel the world is turning," that is a song called "1976," which was not completed. If you have the EIMA special edition with the DVD, you'll hear an extended piece of it on the DVD menu. Jem had intended to complete it and release it separately, but has had a very demanding year and needs to recharge his creative batteries. Hopefully, he'll get back to it at some point.

For additional information, please state your favourite biscuit.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Jim Takacs

HOLY SHIT!!!   Thats the first time I have heard that compilation and Better yet, THAT whole Version of "Here is the News"!!  Thia Totally made my week!!!!!   DAMN HIM, Jem that is.....  Covered in goosebumps once again!!! ;)  :D
::I Like Cheese::

spinningcannon

Ah, I see. I'll definitely be tracking down that DVD then; it's a fantastic piece so far!

As for my favorite biscuit, I can't say I have a specific sort-- but I am partial to anything with spice, ha.

Drarok

Heh, glad to see people are finding stuff on my site, still.

Jim – had you not heard Here Is The News before, or is that version a different mix / arrangement...?

Pedro

That's the version of HITN with the original intro that Jem couldn't use officially. I think one of the Frost* reports mentioned that too. I loved that WIP (work in progress) montage - glad it is still on Drarok's site for peeps to find. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"