Just missed them in Philly... DAMMIT

Started by ducatidave, June 04, 2009, 05:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landslug

Quote from: "ducatidave"Then I find out these guys were just in Philly, PA May 2nd. So I missed Black Light Machine live!...... man, that pisses me off. Makes me wanna punch an old lady. :x

Greetings ducatidave!

Frost* put on an amazing set at Rosfest .. it's not much consolation, but there are quite a few really good clips on youtube - and of course the live recording being worked on at the moment
The Frost*fest shirts were the hit of the weekend too!   :D

Mouse

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"But then again, we're prog fans, fercryinoutloud: we're the last people who should be trying to convince people we're boisterous whippersnappers in the first fresh flush of youth.

Except Mouse. Who is. Damn him.

Victory is mine!  :twisted:  Why do I now feel I'm going to have the piss absolutely ripped out of me at the Leeds gig now...?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mouse"Victory is mine!  :twisted:  Why do I now feel I'm going to have the piss absolutely ripped out of me at the Leeds gig now...?

Oh, pity: I'll be at Southampton  :D

But, what can I say except "laugh it up, fuzzball". The only thing we oldies have going for us that we know what it's like to be forty; to you, that probably still seems like science fiction   ;)

tomskerous

Hey, not all of us oldies know what it's like to be forty!
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Pedro

Quote from: "tomskerous"Hey, not all of us oldies know what it's like to be forty!
Some of us can barely remember it....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

ducatidave

so....anyway....back to Black Light Machine. Your thoughts.....

Pedro

Quote from: "ducatidave"so....anyway....back to Black Light Machine. Your thoughts.....
Welcome to the board!
BLM was the first I heard of the band back in 2006. It blew me away of course and the that Mitchell solo is my ringtone. :D

Nellie

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "ducatidave"so....anyway....back to Black Light Machine. Your thoughts.....
Welcome to the board!
BLM was the first I heard of the band back in 2006. It blew me away of course and the that Mitchell solo is my ringtone. :D
Are you sure that was JM? I think it might have been JB. :?
It's in the post!

Pedro

Quote from: "Nellie"
Welcome to the board!
I guess it could have been Mr Boyes for he is a talented chap as well, I *thought* I heard Jem say it was JM in one of the early videos but Ihave been wrong before....or so people tell me! ;)

Nellie

Quote from: "Nellie"
Welcome to the board!
I guess it could have been Mr Boyes for he is a talented chap as well, I *thought* I heard Jem say it was JM in one of the early videos but Ihave been wrong before....or so people tell me! ;)

Ah yes, but I don't pay attention so I'm the one who is probably wrong! :lol:
It's in the post!

D S

There may be sections of BLM which are JB but THE guitar solo (starting at 2:56) is definitely John Mitchell!  It is one of my all time favourite guitar solos - the way it continually builds up is just outstanding.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

rogerg

welcome, Dave!

Milliontown is one of my five "desert island" discs, and even after thousands of listens, sometimes many times in a row, I have yet to tire of it.

hey, that gives me an idea for a long overdue thread....   8-)

Trapezium Artist

Oh c'mon you lot, wittering on about guitar solos simply because that's how things started out.

Since when did threads on the Frost* forum stay on track? Indeed, there was a time (and we've established that I'm old enough to remember it) when diverting a thread down some dark alley was almost the raison d'etre of a true Frost*ie  :shock:

Humph. I'm half tempted to go and establish a Word Association Football forum in protest.

//http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/414500.html

(Yes, it's pissing it down outside and TA's feeling grumpy  :(  ).

D S

That's all well and good but did you know that mongooses live in southern Asia, Africa, and southern Europe, as well as some Caribbean and Hawaiian islands, where they are introduced species. There are more than thirty species, ranging from one to four feet in length. Some species of mongooses lead predominantly solitary lives, seeking out food only for themselves, while others travel in groups, sharing food among the members of the group. Mongooses mostly feed on insects, crabs, earthworms, lizards, snakes, chickens, and rodents. However, they also eat eggs and carrion. Some species, such as the Indian Mongoose, are popularly used to fight and kill venomous snakes, even King Cobras. They are able to do this because of their agility and cunning, and their thick coat, but typically avoid the cobra and have no particular affinity for consuming its meat. Mongoose range in size from the squirrel-sized Common Dwarf Mongoose, at 280 g (9.9 oz), to the cat-sized White-tailed Mongoose, at 4 kg (8.8 lb).

Some species of mongoose are quite intelligent and can be taught simple tricks, which has led to a number of them being domesticated, often kept as pets to control vermin. However, they can be more destructive than desired: when imported into the West Indies to kill rats and snakes, they destroyed most of the small, ground-based fauna. For this reason, it is illegal to import most species of mongoose into the United States, Australia, and other countries. Mongooses were introduced to Hawaii in 1883, and have had a significant effect on native species.  The mongoose emits a high pitched noise, commonly known as giggling, when it mates. The giggling is also a form of courtship when this animal is choosing a mate.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "D S"That's all well and good but did you know that mongooses live in southern Asia, Africa, and southern Europe, as well as some Caribbean and Hawaiian islands, where they are introduced species.

Bravo, that man; that's the spirit  :D

But I must admit I've always wondered why it's mongooses and not mongeese  :?