Stage Layout Pictures

Started by Sparkybass, January 12, 2011, 09:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparkybass

I was curious if anyone here would have, or could direct me to some pictures from a recent Frost* show.  I'm currently in a lighting class down in Orlando, FL and I have to create a light show based upon a song of my choosing.  The thing is you need to design it as if the band were going to be on stage, so I need to use a reference of Frost*'s setup so I may do this.  Thanks alot!

Mikey

I've just seen a thread somewhere, I haven't got round to posting any of my pics yet, but have a rummage and you'll find some, but I'm sure if you hold forth a wee while though, someone else will be very accommodating (look up Manchester)
I used to have a signature

Mouse

I think Mr. Neil Palfreyman took some photos of the Derby gig from the venue's balcony, which might show a full stage view of the band. I'm sure he posted one in a thread here somewhere. The Derby stage was bigger than the ones in the other three venues, but (from an audience perspective) we had Blunders at the left, set back a bit to accomodate for his kit, then Mr. King, then JM, then Jem and his 'boards at the right. At the smaller gigs, Blunders' kit was centred behind the other three who were stood in the same order.

Not as good as a photo, but is that the sort of info you're after?

Sparkybass

To an extent.  I'll be working on a visualizer when I make the show so as long as I have an idea of where everyone would be placed I'll know where to focus each light.  Since it's a 3d layout of the venue that we have on campus the stage has a drum riser accommodated with it.

Sparkybass

I apologize for the double posting, but is there a user name for the gentleman that took those pictures from the balcony.  I'm finishing charting out the song right now and making some notes on color/gobo/movement ideas.  Soon I'll be at the programming part and that's where I can really put the images to use.  Thanks!

Mouse

The thread with the pics I was thinking of can be found here. Hope they're of some use!  :)

Pedro

I think Mouse meant to add a link to :- //http://www.frost-music.co.uk/frosties/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2347&p=41796#p41768
Neil Palfreyman is the light-wrangler who did the magic. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Sparkybass

Great!  Thank you, guys.  I'll give some updates of my programming as I go.  The day it's due we will be recording it, then I'll replace the audio with a studio quality recording.  I will make sure I post it ASAP.

Mouse

Whoops. Yeah, I like the italics too much, I think...  ;)

Jim Takacs

What Fixtures are you using? Im Assuming your designing the lighting in software.. Light Jockey?  How Many universes?   This Would Be SOOOO Awesome to do! Are you at Full Sail?  Im down in Ft. Myers. If I can Assist you in any way Let me know!!
::I Like Cheese::

Sparkybass

Quote from: "Jim Takacs"What Fixtures are you using? Im Assuming your designing the lighting in software.. Light Jockey?  How Many universes?   This Would Be SOOOO Awesome to do! Are you at Full Sail?  Im down in Ft. Myers. If I can Assist you in any way Let me know!!

I'm using mostly Martin fixtures.  The rig has 4 Mac 700 Washes, 5 Mac700 Profiles, 4 High End Technobeams, 4 Mac550s, 4 Varilight VL500D's  Mac600NT, and 4 Mac250Ks.  I am actually at Full Sail.  The software is ESP vision and I'm programming on a Grand MA Ultra-light console.  We only have to use one universe, but it runs pretty close.  I think we used 508 of the 512 channels.

rogerg

cool!  my son is doing Video Game Design at Full Sail!

Sparkybass

I think I see those kids the least down here.  Equally so, everyone else see's the Show Production program the least since we're always off in these different buildings.

rogerg

his is actually an online program, but he lives in Casselberry.

Pedro

Would that be "Castlebury" over here? ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"