Oliver Wakeman and Gordon Giltrap's "Raven's and Lullabies" full band tour

Started by Lambsie, February 09, 2014, 02:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lambsie

Oliver Wakeman and Gordon Giltrap's "Raven's and Lullabies" full electric band to tour UK in April

Featuring:
Gordon Giltrap - guitars
Oliver Wakeman (ex Yes) - keyboards / vocals
Paul Manzi (Arena / Oliver Wakeman Band) - lead vocals / guitar
Steve Anderson (Threshold) - bass / vocals
Johanne James (Threshold / Kyrbgrinder) - drums
Nick Kendall (Rock of Ages) - guitar / vocals

Following the success of their "Ravens and Lullabies" album and a one-off electric appearance at the Summers End Festival, Lydney in October 2013, Gordon and Oliver return for a short full-band tour in April 2014.

"Ravens" marks an unlikely return to electric music for legendary guitarist Gordon Giltrap whose 40 year career spans acoustic virtuosity and three crucial progressive rock albums in the 1970s, "Visionary", "Perilous Journey" and "Fear of the Dark".  His 1978 hit single "Heartsong" was used as the theme music for the BBC "Holiday" programme for many years. He made three appearances on "Top of the Pops" and five on "The Old Grey Whistle Test".

Following a successful solo career, Oliver Wakeman went on to become a member of The Strawbs and then Yes until 2011, where he played in large venues all over the world.  Oliver and Gordon have been playing to sold out venues all over the country as a duo, but this tour marks probably the only opportunity to see them in full band mode.

The rest of the "Raven's and Lullabies" band is something of a who's who of Progressive Rock. It includes Paul Manzi, currently singer in Arena, Johanne James and Steve Anderson, currently to be found as the rhythm section of Prog Metal band Threshold, and brilliant guitarist Nick Kendall, fresh from "Rock of Ages" in the West End.

The Dates:
3rd April  St Johns Church Farncombe   www.wegottickets.com/julianlewrymusic   01483 421520
4th April  The Cellar, Southampton   www.southamptoncellar.com   023 8063 2601
5th April  The Montgomery hall, Wath   www.classicrocksociety.co.uk   07914 929690
6th April  The Robin, Bilston      www.therobin.co.uk      01902 401211
24th April  The Bedford, Balham      www.seetickets.com/Event/gordon-giltrap-and-oliver-wakeman-s/the-bedford/767800               0845 6890793
25th April  Tithe Barn, Bishops Cleeve   www.cleeveconcerts.co.uk   0844 576 2210
26th April  Mr Kyps, Poole      www.mrkyps.net      01202 748945
27th April  The Vic, Swindon      www.thevicswindon.com   01793 535713

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Pedro

It is jolly good indeed.
I saw this at Summer's End so I'm gong to have to pass this time around (prioritising gig spend) but I urge anyone who can to go see it.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"