Defence Of The Realm - Posters!!

Started by Pedro, August 25, 2010, 12:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs

Love the gurning from Blunders and as Bert said on twitter "Keep Calm and Mellotron" needs to be on t-shirt :D

Trapezium Artist

Am still not sure about the horizontal misalignment between the H in THE and the centre of the crown, even though it's numerically correct. The centre of the whole word THE is at 256 in x, centre of crown is at 256; but because the letter T and H are 30 pixels wide, but the E only 20, the centre of the H is displaced to the right of 256).

You're absolutely right; I have better things to be doing with my time  :oops:

(I like the DotR one: will high-res posters be available? If nothing else, it's so daftly obscure [no mention of the band's name, that it's a band in the first place, no date, no place, no nothing], it's bound to make for a good conversation piece  :D )

Real pity I can't be there ...  :(

ChrisX

Quote from: "MikeEvs"Love the gurning from Blunders and as Bert said on twitter "Keep Calm and Mellotron" needs to be on t-shirt :D

Yep, they should really make that into a nice reddish t-shirt (I am getting tired of the standard black ones) with this print on it .... Would absolutely love it and snap it up at the first possible gig .... Too bad I will be in London a few days before the Islington gig ... but hey, it looks like I get to see Steve Hackett, Strawbs and John Lees' BJH.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Brom

Quote from: "MikeEvs"Love the gurning from Blunders and as Bert said on twitter "Keep Calm and Mellotron" needs to be on t-shirt :D

and hope that HM Stationery office legal chappies remain more stationary than the Copland Crew.  :D

Great idea.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

owen

I thought he didn't like mellotrons?

ChrisX

Quote from: "owen"I thought he didn't like mellotrons?

Well, once he saw this video he became reformed:

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQqyLtwbZ94
--
Christian

D S

Lovely.  And the Mellotron is pretty nice too!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Jem

Quote from: "owen"I thought he didn't like mellotrons?

Needs must. There's a war on.

Dave M

I would LOVE defence as a poster .... If not, how about a high quality download so we can get it printed ?
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Mouse

Wow. These posters are f*cking brilliant. Vitamin P, I love you.  :D

Pedro

I know it would be a crazy price and hard to do and all that but imagine a T Shirt that has the first poster on it, but not as a coloured panel on white/black/whatever shirt but where the WHOLE shirt is coloured so the landscape goes all the way around the lower portion, sky fills the whole of the upper portion (including the sleeves) and on the back you see the backs of our four heroes and maybe something written across the shoulders ("...lest we forget" or something). :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

monument

How about the Keep Calm and Mellotron t shirt exactly like the poster on the front (sans the small font at the bottom maybe) - so just a stencil type design of the words and crown, then on the background either an amalgamation of the Frost*/IB/Kino logos at the top of the spine or them arranged sequentially down the spine OR a big crown and the three smaller logos beneath it...oooh, the graphic designer in me is coming out I think...

Tricky

I don't think we've got many Germans on the forum, have we?

Don't mention the war
I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it!

I hope we haven't offended Ich Bin Besser  :oops:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

ChrisX

Quote from: "Tricky"I don't think we've got many Germans on the forum, have we?

Don't mention the war
I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it!

I hope we haven't offended Ich Bin Besser  :oops:

Well, I do think that Germans have grown up a bit in the last 65 years. But I don't see a problem in the Brits being proud about what could be called "their finest hour". And as with everything Frost, you do have to take it all slightly a bit tongue-in-cheek.
--
Christian