Main Menu

Secret Song

Started by SerFox, November 17, 2008, 08:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnsOnkruid

Oh holy cow it's just amazing and beautiful and great and and oooh :shock:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Trapezium Artist

Something I wrote in one of the other threads, but which is relevant here too, p'raps:

QuoteThe ending of Secret Song sounds very much like a storm fading off into the distance, with the dummy-things (I've been told that saying "toms" is a bad thing, although I've sort of forgotten exactly why  :) ) taking the part of the thunder accompanied by Jem's beautiful distorted keys, both slowly disappearing over the horizon.

Of course, EIMA-the-song plays in with a similar pulsing heartbeat, rain, and a real thunder sample, so all in all, one could say that EIMA-the-album represents the perfect storm rolling by. And given the intensity of the divine noise that crashes in over the intervening 57 minutes, that storm is damn near in your back garden.

By now, the album is playing itself back in my head constantly, snippets from here and there, albeit mostly DDD, which I cannot wait to hear live ...

Tricky

Quote from: "LivingForever"
Quote from: "El_Presidente"Jem might be giving us the settings or the code for use in a particular tool, to decifer the message.  Could be something in the Pro Tools family but then again he'd know that very few of us have access to this, so perhaps it's more simple...

It does mostly sounds like numbers...maybe they're coordinates to a secret location?

:D

I'm now almost certain that its the shipping forecast that Jem used for the gigs.  I can definately pick out something like "... ?? miles, falling slowly" (repeated often)
Pedro, there can't be too much wrong with your ears if you can hear it as well  :)

Have you noticed how well it segues into Hyperventilate in a playlist?
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Mikey

Quote from: "Tricky"I'm now almost certain that its the shipping forecast that Jem used for the gigs.
It has the right timbre

Quote from: "Tricky"Have you noticed how well it segues into Hyperventilate in a playlist?
I added Hyperventilate, BLM & The Other Me onto the CD with the downloads, works well for me  :D  :D  :D
I used to have a signature