The Pineapple Thief, Putney - Pics

Started by Neil Palfreyman, May 17, 2009, 01:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Palfreyman

The Pineapple Thief went back to the Half Moon, Putney (London) last night for their fourth gig at the venue.  Having just returned from gigs in the Netherlands and Canada they were on top form, particularly Bruce Soord, who's blistering feedback-heavy guitar solos which seem to get better each time I see them.

The setlist included Tightly Wound, Siners, Different World, So Say... and Too Much to Lose from the latest album "Tightly Unwound."   Too Much to Lose was made for live performance - dark, brooding, atmospheric and a great showcase for everything that makes The Pineapple Thief such a good live band.

It also featured a healthy dose of classics from previous albums including God Bless the Child, Snowdrops, We Love You from the much under-rated album "Little Man" which Soord announced as the first in a series of KScope re-mixes/masters of the back catalogue - great news for new fans who can't get hold of the Cyclops editions!

The two new tracks - 3,000 days (the title track of the K'Scope compilation to be released later this year) and Preparation for Meltdown went down well and becoming great favourites with fans.

Anyway, on to the pics:

As ever full set and sets from many other bands/gigs on my MySpace site:

//http://www.myspace.com/neilpalfreyman

ich_bin_besser

Hey, nice!!
And welcome to the forum, Neil!  :D
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

rogerg

nice pics!  welcome, Neil!

grab a biscuit!!

Bokkie

Indeed nice photo's and welcome, Neil.
and take some tea with your biscuits!! :D
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Neil Palfreyman

Thanks for the welcome guys!

...I must admit to being a little embarrassed that my first post is about another band  :oops:  

I am a fan of Frost* and not a spammer - honest!  (to prove it I'll post some pics of the Frosties too, just as soon as I get the opportunity to see them live!)

Do I have to nominate a biscuit btw?  

I'm particularly partial to:

gjstockham

I've recently become a big convert to TPT. Was pleased to find out they were from Yeovil as I grew up there. Tell them to do some gigs in Scotland!

johninblack

Quote from: "Neil Palfreyman"Thanks for the welcome guys!

...I must admit to being a little embarrassed that my first post is about another band  :oops:  

I am a fan of Frost* and not a spammer - honest!  (to prove it I'll post some pics of the Frosties too, just as soon as I get the opportunity to see them live!)

Do I have to nominate a biscuit btw?  

I'm particularly partial to:

You and you choice of biscuit are very welcome. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Quote from: "gjstockham"I've recently become a big convert to TPT. Was pleased to find out they were from Yeovil as I grew up there. Tell them to do some gigs in Scotland!
You gone from one extreme to the other?  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Neil Palfreyman

Quote from: "gjstockham"I've recently become a big convert to TPT. Was pleased to find out they were from Yeovil as I grew up there. Tell them to do some gigs in Scotland!

There's a very active "theme" on their web-site trying to encourage a trip further north than the Watford Gap!  Feel free to pop along and add your weight to the debate!

...suffice to say they have a bit of a reputation for not going too far "up North."

gjstockham

Quote from: "Pedro"

Yep!  20 years up here now but still no accent.  Kids sound as Scottish as they come though!

Pedro

Quote from: "gjstockham"

Yep!  20 years up here now but still no accent.  Kids sound as Scottish as they come though!
<shouted over the sound of a helicopter> "You, yes you, stand still Daddy!"
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Ecosse

Quote from: "gjstockham"

Just the way it should be!
| Chris |
Twitter