Frost* Forum Collab Song - the Discussion thread (TDT!)

Started by El_Mayonnaise, August 02, 2010, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.S.

I can sing.. sort of. I have a pretty high voice, my range isn't too far from Dec (although he sings higher notes a lot cleaner). But I haven't done lead vocals before, at least not for real. That will be done soon, I'm working on a cover of a prog epic by one of the finest bands from the USA. If it works at all, I'll share it with you here, and maybe I could be useful for something... who knows?

I don't like my own voice.  :cry:

gr8gonzo

I'm more of a baritone, better in the mid-lower registers. My tone falls in the Rick Springfield-David Cassidy-Lou Gramm-Barry Manilow area. I've always been more comfortable in a backing vocal role, but I've had a few outings singing lead. I'm willing to put up a sample or three. I love doing harmonies, anything from sporadic two-part (har!) to excessive Queen/Sweet/ELO-type stuff.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

RobRideout

WOWWWW I only just stumbled upon this now! I'd love to get involved :) I'll have a cheeky, sneaky listen later on and see if i can hammer anything together for it. I'll sign myself up for vocals or guitarwork, but I fear several other frost*ies might be slightly more talented than I. Look forward to working with you all! :P

owen

Pedro wrote:

Album? Cool, wasn't expecting it to get long but, hey, why not?
The Frost*wind?

For shame! This is Prog. Surely a double album plus dvd with 5.1 mix as a bare minimum?

rogerg

QuoteFor shame! This is Prog. Surely a double album plus dvd with 5.1 mix as a bare minimum?

and everyone better start to video themselves as they work...

Dave M

Quote from: "RWA"..... We have vocalists among us don't we?!

[Raises hand] ..  :D  ... lead or backing vocals primed and ready to go ! .. Though prog style lyrics would not be my forte.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

flamadiddle

Tenor here.  Probably better for backing than lead.  It'd be a nice idea to get a load of people singing certain sections and layer them.  Then quality wouldn't matter as much as different character.

catherine

Quote from: "RWA"Pedro claims "stickies" aren't part of his "moderator toolkit". Shouldn't every musician carry duck tape (and condoms) with him as standard survival material?!  ;)

So all musicians are male, are they? Huh.

(Har?)

Pedro

Oops.
While Cath's away the mice will commit political correctness crimes.
(Quick, tidy up!)
I could nip back and edit the gender-crime out but that would be dishonest.
So, all those in favour of female musicians carrying duck tape and condoms at all times?
;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

Aye. Preferable to carrying ducks and condom tape.

rogerg

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"condom tape.

hey!  what a gre....  wait.  bad idea.

owen

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "gr8gonzo"condom tape.

hey!  what a gre....  wait.  bad idea.

Like I said.

RWA

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "RWA"Pedro claims "stickies" aren't part of his "moderator toolkit". Shouldn't every musician carry duck tape (and condoms) with him/her as standard survival material?!  ;)

So all musicians are male, are they? Huh.

(Har?)
No! I said him/her. See?!  :roll:

But seriously; I use the him/her phrase in all the discussion about the FFCS (except in this duck tape / condom comment....) . I'm waiting for some she-Frosts* to step in!

gr8gonzo