Help a confused Jem

Started by MikeEvs, August 09, 2013, 01:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeEvs

Take a look at http://www.planetfrost.com/

and you will see a photo gallery with the following text underneath:

I think this was us supporting Spock's at The Point in Cardiff. A venue sadly missed. (Pics probably courtesy of Mike Evs.)

First their not my photos, 2nd I don't think that's The Point as 3rd Dec was in the band when they supported Spock's at the point :)

My photos from the actual gig at The Point are HERE

So does someone want to take credit for the photos on the website and let Jem know which gig it was  ;)

Pedro

Ha ha.

I did wonder about that because I was pretty sure that the John Mithcell image I modelled him from for the Toys video was a picture I took at The Point where JM was in full Rock-Torie sleeves-up jacket outfit.

After some research, I'm pretty sure it is Oakwood in Rotherham.

My first video of the band (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzEoWOmZS1o) pretty much confirms it.

Maybe one piccy might be Sawtooth's or DS's, not sure?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Quote from: Pedro on August 09, 2013, 01:15:10 PMMaybe one piccy might be Sawtooth's or DS's, not sure?
I did get some quite reasonable photos of Frost* on that tour in the Arches in Glasgow but these aren't them! So I can't claim credit for these photos I'm afraid!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro

Updated my post, I think it was Oakwood - 11th November 2006!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

DueyC

Yes I'm sure you're right about the gig, Pedro.
Whoever took those photos was standing right behind me as the angles are the same as my piccies, and I'm fairly sure that's the back of my head visible in one of them.

I remember at the time someone getting the credit for capturing the kiss - perhaps a trawl back through the old forum would be fruitful.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

johninblack

Quote from: DueyC on August 09, 2013, 05:07:52 PM
Yes I'm sure you're right about the gig, Pedro.
Whoever took those photos was standing right behind me as the angles are the same as my piccies, and I'm fairly sure that's the back of my head visible in one of them.

I remember at the time someone getting the credit for capturing the kiss - perhaps a trawl back through the old forum would be fruitful.

Yep CRS Winter Prog Fest November 2006. All Sue's pictures are further to the left so not hers. I was supposed to be at this gig but had to miss it as I was rather ill. Sue went in my place with Sami.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

I can definitively state that these are not my pictures, as the date in question lies in my personal pre-Frost* era. A dark musical time indeed.

Plus, half of them are out of focus.

Standards, people; standards.  >:(

( ;))

MikeEvs

It pre-dates my Frost* gig going day's too,  my first gig ended up being the gig at The Point with Spock's although I did have a ticket for the gig with the Flower Kings but didn't go

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on August 14, 2013, 08:34:45 AM
It pre-dates my Frost* gig going day's too,  my first gig ended up being the gig at The Point with Spock's although I did have a ticket for the gig with the Flower Kings but didn't go

I was there too, Mike, albeit very much in lurker mode at that point (sorry) still, not knowing anyone then :'(

But was that before or after the Summer's End gig, which I also went to? I can't remember anymore ... Pedro?  ;)

D S

The tour with Spock's Beard was in early July 2008 (I saw them for the first time on their last night, which was at the Arches in Glasgow on 6th July).  Frost* at Summer's End was Sunday 28th September 2008.

Useful things, diaries!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

MikeEvs

Quote from: D S on August 14, 2013, 01:27:43 PM
The tour with Spock's Beard was in early July 2008 (I saw them for the first time on their last night, which was at the Arches in Glasgow on 6th July).  Frost* at Summer's End was Sunday 28th September 2008.

Yes the Cardiff gig was the 2nd of July. After the Summers End  gig (I only saw Frost*) I jumped into a car with Matt and Rachel from The Reasoning who were giving JM a lift to his gig at the point with It Bites (Touchstone were supporting) and that's where I bought my copy of The Tall Ships :)

D S

Quote from: MikeEvs on August 14, 2013, 04:39:10 PMAfter the Summers End  gig (I only saw Frost*) I jumped into a car with Matt and Rachel from The Reasoning who were giving JM a lift to his gig at the point with It Bites (Touchstone were supporting) and that's where I bought my copy of The Tall Ships :)
Now that's my definition of a good day!   8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

sawtooth

Quote from: Pedro on August 09, 2013, 01:15:10 PM

Maybe one piccy might be Sawtooth's or DS's, not sure?

Nope Pedders, not my piccies - but I have a video from November 2006 at Rotherham where the band members seem to be wearing the same clobber (cant see what Andy is mostly wearing as he is hiding behind Jem)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL5k1uN_O70

The only time I saw the lads support Spocks were at Leeds as far as I can remember.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: D S on August 14, 2013, 01:27:43 PM

Blimey ... has it really only been 5 years of Frost* gigs for me? Seems like much longer, if only because I moved to the Netherlands 4 years ago, and I must've seen them play in the UK (while living there) at least three times: The Point supporting Spock's, Summer's End, and Southampton supporting DT. Add four Christmas gigs (Peel 2009, O2 2010, Peel 2011, Scala 2012) and Celebr8.2; hmmm, perhaps it all fits together after all.

Must start a diary too. Last one I had was the 1973 version of one of these: