Pro Tools 8.0

Started by EVP, December 18, 2008, 05:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVP

It's out NOW and I'm currently downloading all 4.2 gig worth of it.
Thats not including all the extra 3rd party goodies you get too.
There is about 9 gig total but there is around 5 gig of loops you get too
but I could care less about that.

Even us Mpowered users get Melodyne Essential and BFD lite v8.0 along with it.

Sweet. Gonna be messing around with this all day tomorrow.

Slntpsych1

I'm sure Jem is doing the same.

RWA

Quote from: "Slntpsych1"I'm sure Jem is doing the same.
Yes but does he have the guts to install it?!  :lol:
Last time around upgrading Pro Tools caused a fricken riot on his HD, didn't it?!  :?

EVP

Yeah I think he mentioned "see you all there in 6 months" when we were discussing
PT 8 announcement on the old forum. I'm taking a chance as well and I'm not running
any 3rd party plugs attm. My current project is all in Logic right now so no harm done
if I have to uninstall PT.

I have yet to really mess around with it,but I'll report back later today.

weezul

got it on th day of release.. unfortunately im violently ill and cannot play with it!!!! :(

Pedro

Quote from: "weezul"got it on th day of release.. unfortunately im violently ill and cannot play with it!!!! :(
Get well soon!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

vocalnick

I keep swearing off Pro Tools, then they release a new version and pull me back in.

I'm liking it a lot so far.
words that look like sound effects: twit, blog

EVP

Quote from: "vocalnick"I keep swearing off Pro Tools, then they release a new version and pull me back in.

I'm liking it a lot so far.

Yes indeed. I'm liking the new instruments. I have yet to check out the new AIR plugins.
I just wish I could have a free day where I could sit down and start a song from scratch
with it. I will say it's not as friendly on a 13.5 inch Macbook screen though....

RWA

Quote from: "vocalnick"I keep swearing off Pro Tools, then they release a new version and pull me back in.
Evil bastards!  :shock:

johninblack

Quote from: "RWA"
Evil bastards!  :shock:
It's a conspiracy. :twisted:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Jem

Last time around upgrading Pro Tools caused a fricken riot on his HD, didn't it?!  :?

I'm going to leave it for a bit and monitor what they say on the DUC before taking the plunge. I can't take the stress of re-formatting anymore hard drives following yet another disastrous upgrade.  :shock:

Mouse

Quote from: "Jem"

I'm going to leave it for a bit and monitor what they say on the DUC before taking the plunge. I can't take the stress of re-formatting anymore hard drives following yet another disastrous upgrade.  :shock:

This is why I tend to avoid all technology - if it all goes to pot, I haven't the foggiest about how to fix it. I'm a failure to the Human race!  :(

RWA

Quote from: "Jem"

Did you ever try to clone the main HD for this? Works fine for me. I clone it and then I upgrade. If something goes terribly wrong I put in the cloned HD and everything is back to normal. Perhaps it's even saver to take out the original one and use the cloned one to upgrade.
This method is also nice if you want to replace your main HD if you're in need for a bigger one. Saves a lot of hassle.

It's all PC for me though. Dunno how easy/hard this is on a Mac.

Rick

I just bought an mbox and protools 7.4 this afternoon but with the free upgrade to 8, spent the whole afternoon installing it all downloading the 8 upgrade and having a little play, must say i am a little daunted but it looks and feels awesome very impressed so far.
Now to sit down with a drink and read the bloody manual :(

Drarok

Quote from: "RWA"It's all PC for me though. Dunno how easy/hard this is on a Mac.
Depends if you know what you're doing. There's an easiness/cost scale. You can do it for free if you know a lot about computers, or buy a copy of an app called SuperDuper if you have no clue. It's only about 20 quid, though.