Main Menu

The Instrumentals

Started by tomskerous, November 29, 2008, 12:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fogeyspasm

Listened to it in bed on headphones last night. Partner had just switched her light off to go to sleep when Wonderland started.
I was giggling so much i kept getting the dissapproving paddington stare look from her till it finished!
Jem is officially mad as a hatter. :D
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

tomskerous

Quote from: "Fogeyspasm"the dissapproving paddington stare

I'm used to that whenever Frost* gets mentioned anyway, but yes TWD (the wife dolan) got particularly grumpy about my watching the youtube clips in bed and cackling away while she was dozing off.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Dave M

Spousal grumpiness with Frosties seems a common problem .. have we become too obsessed ?
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Pedro

Form a T-Shirt I saw once :-
"Obsessed" - a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend this as a line to use on one's spouse when one's laughing is keeping one's spouse awake.... :shock:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

wickedwitch

frosties obsessed? surely not!  :oops:  i am, however, going to have to hide my latest purchase from the good ship Frost* from Mr Witch for fear of raised eyebrows, pursed lips and and a hard stare. luckily that completely does it for me so i win either way!  :twisted:

Dave M

... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Fogeyspasm

My partner must be the exception as she does like a lot of it. She just wasn't impressed with my nocturnal listening habit but especially the giggling at the "Thunder Frog"  bit?
Not sure if thats what its called as ive only heard it once and i was helpless.
The only other thing she complained about was i left the cd on in the car and it was on the quiet intro to Welcome to Nowhere turned up quite loud and she managed to get around 100 yards before armageddon ensued from the speakers. She has warned me to turn it down before she gets in from now onwards but she will listen to it.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

PaulBM

Quote from: "Dave M"Spousal grumpiness with Frosties seems a common problem ..

Ah, not me sir. We had a great evening of live music at a local pub Saturday (Buster James Sadly their website is Flash only and takes an age to load) and my wife proudly wore one of her Frost* T-Shirts. She'll want a CD or two burnt to keep in her car when EMIA appears here.

It's great when the whole household likes the same music. ;) Only music my sons have played that I didn't like was some of the more aggressive death metal like tracks by Opeth. Admittedly it was early one Saturday morning and my son was using the track as his alarm clock. The theory being it'd wake him and make him cross the room to turn it off.  :roll:

silver1

Ah, yes! Since I ordered the Special Edition of EIMA, this is one of the features I am most excited for!

I am assuming that you can transfer the instrumental files to an mp3 player, correct?

(Well, once I recieve my copy I should be able to find out myself...  :twisted: )

Pedro

Quote from: "silver1"Ah, yes! Since I ordered the Special Edition of EIMA, this is one of the features I am most excited for!

I am assuming that you can transfer the instrumental files to an mp3 player, correct?

(Well, once I recieve my copy I should be able to find out myself...  :twisted: )
Yep, just copy them straight off the disk.  :)
Welcome to the board!  :)

tomskerous

Hello Silver1. Pull up a sofa, or if you'd prefer to stand, pull up a floor.

Enjoy the silliness.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

catherine

After listening to the Wonderland instrumental, I've began to doubt my own sanity. Or should I be doubting Jem's?

Pedro

Quote from: "catherine"After listening to the Wonderland instrumental, I've began to doubt my own sanity. Or should I be doubting Jem's?
The clue is in the title - instru-mental. :)

wickedwitch

i think he's a bit bonkers... but in a good way!

Tricky

I think it was Livingforever who noted that the instrumentals seem to be mixed differently, or maybe its just the extra space in the mix.  I'd agree.  I can hear so much more of the underlying twiddly bits in all the songs; especially Wonderland - those extra vocal parts just don't show up in the regular mix   ;)  :shock:  :)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...