Flickr Grumbles

Started by tomskerous, December 30, 2008, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomskerous

Just so you all know, they seem to have tightened up the 'pro' account handling on Flickr. Or perhaps I'd never bust my limits when I last expired and renewed...it was very early days.

When I reverted to the normal account, suddenly I was down to the last 200 photos posted. A whole bunch of old photosets simply disappeared until I coughed up again. There was no warning this was going to happen in any emails.

So make sure that anything you've got on Flickr you want to keep (particularly from secondary devices like cameraphones) is backed up somewhere else!
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Brom

THis happened to me, I missed my pro account deadline and then forgot my password!!  :roll:  I saw my account was trimmed to 200 pics, but when I finally got back in and paid up, they all reappeared!

All my pics go via the PC and are backed up to an external hard drive so no probs!, thanks for the reminder tho' Tom.  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

tomskerous

I love it too, but that's why the abruptness was such a disappointment.

Anyway, all reactivated now.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Pedro

I wonder if any of the other "free" services have sneaky plans to deliver a bill at some point in the future? :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

wickedwitch

its not sneaky. the free service give you space for 200 photos. if you dont pay you dont get the extra space. at least it doesnt delete everything.

Pedro

Quote from: "wickedwitch"its not sneaky
My bad.  :(

Quote from: "When tomskerous"....they seem to have tightened up the 'pro' account handling on Flickr....A whole bunch of old photosets simply disappeared until I coughed up again. There was no warning this was going to happen in any emails.
....I just thought that sounded a bit "sneaky".

It's good that nothing is lost.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"