I used to have a signature

MikeEvs

otnemeM

MikeEvs

Quote from: "otnemeM"Great stuff mate.

Mikey

I used to have a signature

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Mikey"Ever thought of doing it professionally?  ;)

If someone in the MotoGP or World Superbike paddock offered me a job I'd take it but the days of teams having their own photographers seem to be coming to an end and most papers/magazines these days don't have staff photographers.

Pick up a copy of MCN (motorcycle news) or any magazine that covers bike racing and check the photo credits a large percentage of them will say "Gold and Goose" their an agency and seemed to have cornered the market where bike photography is concerned in supplying the major print publications. Just by chance I got talking to a photographer that works for them, and he told me they send 3 photographers to MotoGP races and he covers World Superbikes by himself and I'm sorry to say he wasn't on the verge of retiring in fact he was probably younger than me :(

I do sell the odd print here and there but I really need to get a website sorted to be able to take more orders.  Making a website is going to be my offseason project

Mouse

Once again, I have to find a hat to put on so I can take it off to you, Mike. Top stuff as ever, mate.  :D

rogerg

you don't do this for work?  you're not getting paid for these fabulous shots?

wow.  your dedication is humbling, Mike.

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Mouse"Once again, I have to find a hat to put on so I can take it off to you, Mike. Top stuff as ever, mate.  :D

Thank you Mouse :D

Quote from: "rogerg"you don't do this for work?  you're not getting paid for these fabulous shots?

wow.  your dedication is humbling, Mike.

It's not the day job Rog that's the same as it has been for many years,  I'm a civil servant but get to work in a Creative Production department so get to cool things like video filming and editing and running projection, sound and lighting in our in house theatre.

My motorbike shots are taken for a website that covers motorosport, I get my accreditation through them.  Luckily I have an understanding manager in my day job that lets me take the time off I need to go to races for the most part this means taking Wed-Mon off for any race weekend.  As it's travel Wednesday,  press day Thursday, practice Friday, qualifying Saturday, race day Sunday, travel home Monday.  When I did the race in Brno I took the Tuesday off as well as I didn't get till late on Monday night.  When I do Valencia in November I will be staying in Valencia till the Wednesday as it's the last race of the season and they do testing of next years bikes on the Mon-Wed after the race,  it's also a chance for any new riders in the series or any riders that have changed teams to test their new bikes for the first time.

So like I said I'm lucky that I have a great manager, he used to the singer in a band and he also likes bikes so doesn't mind me going to gigs and races :D

rogerg

that sounds like a great arrangement, Mike!  good on you!!

Mouse

Sounds like my kinda job arrangement... At least while I plot my world domination of the music world, of course.  8-)

jaws

Really nice pictures! :)

Btw.. pardon my ignorance on the subject, but what did actually happen to the DVD?
I bet Beethoven never had to put up with this...

johninblack

Quote from: "jaws"Really nice pictures! :)

Btw.. pardon my ignorance on the subject, but what did actually happen to the DVD?
Several of the audio tracks were corrupt and unusable :(
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

MikeEvs

Quote from: "jaws"Really nice pictures! :)

Thanks glad you like them :D

As for the DVD short version what JIB said above for a more detailed explanation see this post here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2450