Main Menu

CELEBR8 2012

Started by Nellie, February 28, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"In honour of the ongoing event, however, I offer a picture of the fearless Twang seeking organisational inspiration halfway down a pint glass at the Tinyfish / DeeExpus gig at The Peel earlier this year:

[attachment=0:3qdps3qr]twang_peel.jpg[/attachment:3qdps3qr]

That man is the best man in the world. A prog superhero.  8-)

TA, I don't suppose you've uploaded other photos from that gig to somewhere, have you? I'd love to see them.  :)

Pedro

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Does anyone know if Jem was in attendance?

No sign of Jem, but Rob Reed out of Magenta actually mistook Uncle Bulgaria from t' Fishtank for Jem.

Hardly surprising, I thought this was Jem about to hit LivingForever with a trombone...

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"In honour of the ongoing event, however, I offer a picture of the fearless Twang seeking organisational inspiration halfway down a pint glass at the Tinyfish / DeeExpus gig at The Peel earlier this year:

[attachment=1:3tmjbubw]twang_peel.jpg[/attachment:3tmjbubw]

That man is the best man in the world. A prog superhero.  8-)

TA, I don't suppose you've uploaded other photos from that gig to somewhere, have you? I'd love to see them.  :)

Not yet, Mouse; simply been swamped with work over the last few months. I have a lot of Tinyfish shots, some of which look pretty good in the previews I've looked at, but some work is needed with Lightroom to pimp them up appropriately. Some snaps post-gig too, some of which you feature in ...  ;)

I'll probably get to them in early August; I'm about to pop off for a couple of weeks holiday, doing my bit to keep the Greek economy afloat. Quite literally, in fact, since the first week will involve sailing in the Ionian on a Bavaria 39 ...  8-)

But to keep you going, here's just one shot of a certain Mr Godfrey below, more or less straight out of the camera:

[attachment=0:3tmjbubw]simon_godfrey.jpg[/attachment:3tmjbubw]

Mouse

That is a cracking shot.  8-)

Drarok

What's that gizmo down by the bridge of the guitar?

Pedro

Roland pick-up,  independent string feeds to his VG99 rig.

E.S.

Quote from: "Pedro"Hardly surprising, I thought this was Jem about to hit LivingForever with a trombone...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Made my week.

MarkOneMusic

HeHe!

BTW That's me just on the right hand edge of the shot :)

And Mrs One with her Canon EOS in the middle

Mouse

Quote from: "Drarok"What's that gizmo down by the bridge of the guitar?

Quote from: "Pedro"Roland pick-up,  independent string feeds to his VG99 rig.

Pedro's got it bang on. Tinyfish don't use keyboards live (or anything else now, for that matter), so synth sounds come via guitar. As of this year, Simon's entire rig went digital - the only 'real' aspects of the guitar are the body and the strings. No backline, either - signal went straight into the PA and out through the monitors (exactly wot Rush do innit).

I always thought that combining rhythm guitar and synth parts into one was a brilliant idea. Don't tell him I said that, though. Erm... he's a right nobber, that Godfrey.  ;)

Mouse

Quote from: "Pedro"

LivingForever loves to booze.  :lol:

catherine

Quote from: "Mouse"Erm... he's a right nobber, that Godfrey.  ;)

He speaks very highly of you too, you tosser.

Pedro

Quote from: "Mouse"he's a right nobber, that Godfrey.  ;)
Have you been talking to his tailor?

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Mouse"he's a right nobber, that Godfrey.  ;)
Have you been talking to his tailor?
:lol:  :lol:
I used to have a signature

Mouse

I'm now confused and scared.

Mikey

Quote from: "Mouse"I'm now confused and scared.

Hmmm, the question is....how would you know?  ;)
I used to have a signature