desert island discs....

Started by rogerg, June 06, 2009, 02:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

OOh yes to the Queensryche and Billy Joel  :D

I've been trying to think of any cooking photos I have with cadets but after racking my brains I realised that I never did any cooking at camp.  A lot of washing up....

Ash
xxx

RacingHippo

I'm late to this thread, purely for the reason that I haven't had time to read through the entire thread to find out what's been proposed in case I duplicate something.
But that's one of those ever-decreasing circle thingies, so I'll just suggest a couple - apologies if they've already been suggested...

David Gilmour - On An Island  :mrgreen:
Has anyone suggested Joe Jackson yet? Haven't seen any...
Blaze of Glory, for preference. Especially for Whoops Acropolis.
And Afterlife, as it has one of the most beautiful songs ever performed on it.
* May contain nuts.

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "RacingHippo"apologies if they've already been suggested...

David Gilmour - On An Island  :mrgreen:

4th post, page ONE.  ;)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

catherine

But it's so appropriate, perhaps we do need 2 copies of it!

We'll also have to assign a special role to RacingHippo. As he's relatively late to the island, and the prime jobs (brewing, cooking, stargazing, shelter-building, rabbit hunting and generator-pedalling, etc) have all gone, what menial tasks can we get RH to do? We know he's an expert at buckling people into straitjackets, but I don't see that as being his main role.

gr8gonzo

He has protective eyewear.  Perhaps something that would pose ocular danger to the rest of us?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

namister

Quote from: "namister"1. Arena Live CD (Best live album heard in years, so come on Jem beat it lol :)  )
2. Marillion - Thieving MAgpie (Fishy goodness)
3. ABWH - ABWH (One of progs finest moments)
4. Frost - EMIA (Technically progtastically different)
5. Pink Floyd - Animals (Floyd at there best)

THousands more I could list cos I am a bit of a music head.

My alternate egos fav five  (I have problems listing just 5 argh)

1) Riverside - ALl there stuff is so so good.
2) John Wetton Stuff
3) Roy Harper - Juglua
4) Vow wow V - Nice little Japenese band from the 80s
5) Rotersand - Welcome to Tomorrow

catherine

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"He has protective eyewear.  Perhaps something that would pose ocular danger to the rest of us?

Right, in that case we can assign RH to the important task of making something like a cross between Mt Rushmore and the Easter Island stone sculptures, showing prog luminaries through the ages. That should keep him out of mischief for a while. Bring your stone-working equipment, RH!

RacingHippo

I could take on the role of "stating the obvious 2 weeks after everyone else".
I'm good at that.

Maybe I should reserve an evening to look through this thread properly....
And this time I'll start at the beginning instead of going backwards a page at a time.

Quote from: "catherine"Right, in that case we can assign RH to the important task of making something like a cross between Mt Rushmore and the Easter Island stone sculptures, showing prog luminaries through the ages
I should warn you that my 6yo son is better at drawing and sculpting than I am.

I'm quite handy with electrickery, though. So I could make them light up nicely.

Um. Sorry about the extra demands on your freshly-churned electrons, Roger.
* May contain nuts.

Brom

Don't forget that RH is a proven authority when it comes to right hand/left hand conversions. He does it in style-ophone. Maybe he can look after the highways?
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

rogerg

Quote from: "RacingHippo"I'm quite handy with electrickery, though. So I could make them light up nicely.

Um. Sorry about the extra demands on your freshly-churned electrons, Roger.

ah, what's a few billion more....