I used to have a signature

Mouse

...Really? Seriously? Wow...

Mikey

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Mikey"I've been discouraged from submitting an updated grievance
Discouraged? By HR?
Well, you know what you've got to do then..... ;)
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

M'Lud, if it please the court, I ask that you consider exhibit A, taken from the website http://www.ups.com this very day...

Quote from: "In their Code of Business Conduct, UPS themselves"UPS has a long-standing commitment to conduct our business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the highest ethical principles. The UPS Code of Business Conduct is one of many tools the UPS Business Conduct and Compliance Program provides our employees to assist them in meeting our legal and ethical obligations.

Statement of Policy
We Comply With the UPS Code of Business Conduct. We manage our business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the countries in which we operate, and in accordance with our company's high standards of business conduct. All employees are expected to comply with the UPS Code of Business Conduct, which is essential to maintaining our reputation for honesty, quality, and integrity. It is also each employee's responsibility to report to the company any situation where our standards or the laws are being violated. Any employee disclosing, in good faith, violations or suspected violations of legal requirements or UPS business standards will not be subjected to retaliation or retribution. Likewise, failure to comply with the provisions of the UPS Code of Business Conduct will not be tolerated.

Are HR somehow not employees of UPS?

I could go on, there's yards of such stuff in the policy document. By telling you to ignore integrity they are themselves in violation of their own ploicy.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Cracking find, Pedders!

Have at 'em, Mikey!
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

Cracking find indeed, I already have it and pages from the UPS policy book.

Here's another cracker,
For a number of years I've had memory recall & concentration problems. I've seen numerous Doctors who all confirm that it's stress related, not Alzheimers or something similar. On Monday the same woman from HR said if I can compose a 40 page grievance I haven't got a memory problem.

I was told years ago, keep notes, it's probably the best bit of information I've been given.   ;)  ;)

Mikey

Talking of keeping notes........

Here's a 'few'

Some of it is the Policy book and the Code of business conduct and I have other stuff all over the dining room table.

& I also have another file with my original grievance, the notes and appendices (lies) that were given to me at the grievance hearing, my grievance response and a few other e-mails in which I'm basically accused of making things up (i.e. a compulsive liar) for the last 10 years.

I went to Occupational therapy last week, the referral was based on the 'fact' that I'd refused to do something.

I had a very productive meeting with a solicitor on Tuesday afternoon

RacingHippo

I am certain that you know more about employment law - and by the looks of it, the company's policies and procedures - than anyone in your HR dept*.

If I were them I'd be quaking in fear at that pile you've got there!

* I certainly knew more than my previous employer's HR. It was dead funny being able to call them on what the law says about working hours during a hearing with senior management; I knew damn well they wouldn't know it, and the look on the HR director's face as the big cheese looked to her for an answer to my (deliberately chosen) question.... ahhhhhhh such happy memories:)
I could see she was thinking "How much do I have to pay you to make you GO AWAY! :mrgreen:
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

Quote from: "RacingHippo""How much do I have to pay you to make you GO AWAY! :mrgreen: [/size]

Did she pay you to go away?

Believe it or not, most of my case would be built on mere common sense  8-)

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "RacingHippo""How much do I have to pay you to make you GO AWAY! :mrgreen: [/size]

Did she pay you to go away?

Indeed, she did.

Just as well, as I couldn't face work for 6 months after that  :cry:
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

I told my boss today that it would be pointless planning any training for me as I would not be here.

1. UPS would be sacking me
2. I would be quitting

Either way constructive dismissal.

"Why would UPS be planning to sack you?" he said
"I'll be taking them to court, spoke to a solictor on Tuesday, who backs everything that I've said" I said
"oh !!!!"
"Unless UPS don't want it to go to court. Who do I need to speak to? HR are useless"
"I'll get back to you"

He came back to me tonight......................with my 20 year plaque, 5 months late  :lol:  :lol:

A heartfelt thanks for the support on here.
You have no idea how much of a moral booster it has been.
One of the reasons why I am repaying some of the forum members with free tickets for the Xmas gig  :D

RH - Talking of working time agreements, the left hand file (Ti)me (C)ard (A)udits shows that drivers are being forced to work through breaks and that we, as a Company, generally ignore any issues with WTA & Tacho infringements.
GSM  ;)

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Mikey"1. UPS would be sacking me
2. I would be quitting

Either way constructive dismissal.
Not quite true.
If you quit, you can claim constructive dismissal ("They made me do it!"); if they sack you, you can sue for unfair dismissal.

Quote from: "Mikey"RH - Talking of working time agreements, the left hand file (Ti)me (C)ard (A)udits shows that drivers are being forced to work through breaks and that we, as a Company, generally ignore any issues with WTA & Tacho infringements.
GSM  ;)

Holy schmoly.
So, basically, you have lots of evidence of UPS consistently flaunting working hours legislation???
That's a pretty big whistle you're holding to your lips, matey!  :mrgreen:
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

That's no whistle its a tuba smarties