Wives/girlfriends

Started by H3WMW, August 19, 2009, 12:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

Quote from: "Dec"my wife just smiles and says "yes dear, very nice"

and she's right!!

Mouse

I wish everyone would stop going on about being old, it's making me feel younger than I am.  :P  I spent a year or two around 1997 thinking it was the 1960s (albeit an incredibly censored version  :lol: ) and the next few post-millennium years thinking it was the 1980s (and so constantly feared nuclear destruction).

I might've wished I'd lived in those golden decades (maybe not the 80s  ;) ), but recently I started to realise the present world is where I'm meant to be, so I better start trying to enjoy it. I'm a slow starter.  :)  (Hell, the family didn't even have a modern, copable computer until three years ago!)

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Mouse"I wish everyone would stop going on about being old, it's making me feel younger than I am.  :P  I spent a year or two around 1997 thinking it was the 1960s (albeit an incredibly censored version  :lol: ) and the next few post-millennium years thinking it was the 1980s (and so constantly feared nuclear destruction).

I might've wished I'd lived in those golden decades (maybe not the 80s  ;) ), but recently I started to realise the present world is where I'm meant to be, so I better start trying to enjoy it. I'm a slow starter.  :)  (Hell, the family didn't even have a modern, copable computer until three years ago!)

My family didn't get a microwave oven until 2001 or 2002. However, we had computers throughout the 90s. Go figure.
If it's any age-consolation at all, I hardly remember anything of the 80s. How much of that is due to just being too young to remember things and how much of it's due to repressing hairstyles I can't say, but...

As far as the original idea of the thread goes I'm somewhat lacking in wives and girlfriends but at least the boyfriend seems to like the stuff I play him that he hasn't heard. At least he's liked Van der Graaf Generator and King Crimson. We'll see what happens when I introduce him to Magma.
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Geetar

Ah, Magma. Good music, but.........

According to Nick Monas, who toured with Stomu Yamashta, many questionable things happened on tour with Magma.

Wonderful word, "questionable", very evocative.

Mainly of things better left undisturbed by mere mortals.....
This space for sale.

H3WMW

Quote from: "catherine"And the blue polo-neck sets it off beautifully!

Doesn't he look young in that one! (Still, we all looked a lot younger in 1979...)
Well I certainly did anyway as I was just a little nipper at 4 years old.

Big Black Shed

When I met my now Wife I was flicking through her LPs, yes it was that long ago, to really find out her musical tastes i found amongst lots of The Mission and All About Eve, she was a bit of a Goth, a copy of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.  :shock:  I'd never found prog in a girls record collection before.

She claims she doesn't like widdly-widdly prog, but she does like Jadis, Kino, Touchstone, It Bites, Magenta & Porcupine Tree, without knowing it. I'll put it on in the car and after about 10 miles she goes:

"What's this??"

And I go: "Why? Do you like it?"

And she goes: "It's one of your lot isn't it???"

And I go: "Result"

And she goes:  :roll:  :roll:
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

H3WMW

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"When I met my now Wife I was flicking through her LPs, yes it was that long ago, to really find out her musical tastes i found amongst lots of The Mission and All About Eve, she was a bit of a Goth, a copy of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.  :shock:  I'd never found prog in a girls record collection before.

She claims she doesn't like widdly-widdly prog, but she does like Jadis, Kino, Touchstone, It Bites, Magenta & Porcupine Tree, without knowing it. I'll put it on in the car and after about 10 miles she goes:

"What's this??"

And I go: "Why? Do you like it?"

And she goes: "It's one of your lot isn't it???"

And I go: "Result"

And she goes:  :roll:  :roll:
Thats almost exactly the same for me, but change the word "miles" with "metres" and at the end of "whats this?" add the word "shit" and you're spot on. ;)

landslug

Unattached dude here.. which is why I can go to so many gigs  ;)

I've met a few nice & lovely ladies at prog shows, but none of them are ever single. The ratio of male to female at the gigs doesnt exactly work in my favor. I'll keep turning up at shows, though.. you never know who else might be there   :D

johninblack

Quote from: "landslug"Unattached dude here.. which is why I can go to so many gigs  ;)

I've met a few nice & lovely ladies at prog shows, but none of them are ever single. The ratio of male to female at the gigs doesnt exactly work in my favor. I'll keep turning up at shows, though.. you never know who else might be there   :D
The woman of your dreams perhaps?

Strange things are happening in our house at the moment, we all (Me, Sue & Sami) all have eclectic but different tastes that overlap here and there, yet we all seem to have the same favourite album ATM and you walk into any room in the house and you're likely to be hearing Avenged Sevenfold. The song "A Little Piece Of Heaven" in particular!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Progoholic

Quote from: "landslug"Unattached dude here.. which is why I can go to so many gigs  ;)

Well, to say it in your words:

Unattached girl here... which is why I can go to so many gigs...

I've met a few nice & handsome guys at prog shows, but none of them are ever single. Although the ratio of male to female at the gigs should work perfect for me...  :lol: But I'll keep turning up at shows, too, because you never know...

As you see: It isn't easier on the other side...  ;)
... and tomorrow the world!

Drarok

Frost*ified Apple logo, and female?

Why hullo thar! :mrgreen:

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Progoholic"

Well, to say it in your words:

Unattached girl here... which is why I can go to so many gigs...

I've met a few nice & handsome guys at prog shows, but none of them are ever single. Although the ratio of male to female at the gigs should work perfect for me...  :lol: But I'll keep turning up at shows, too, because you never know...

As you see: It isn't easier on the other side...  ;)

I spent roughly six years going to prog gigs as a single girl before actually bumping into a nice, single prog man I liked so I can relate. (:-P
It really isn't easy being a single woman at prog gigs, despite what one might think!
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Drarok

Perhaps the quality of blokes at prog gigs is lower than usual!  :o

:cry:

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Drarok"Perhaps the quality of blokes at prog gigs is lower than usual!  :o

Well, exCUse me ...  !!! Where's your sense of solidarity with your fellow progmale, Drarok, for goodness sake?

But if we're playing divide and conquer here, then I can only regret that Progoholic and Philadelphia were never at a gig where I was ...  8-)

Or, since Philadelphia may well have been at The Peel last Christmas, at a gig where I was without my wife ...  :lol:

(I know, I know, it's sad, very very sad how middle age can do these delusional things to you; Mouse, you have it all to look forward to).

catherine

Quote from: "Drarok"Perhaps the quality of blokes at prog gigs is lower than usual!  :o

I'm glad a bloke said that!  ;)

I couldn't possibly comment, being a respectable married woman...