Frost gigs June 2016!!!

Started by lyn, October 08, 2015, 02:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on December 18, 2015, 09:48:38 PM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on December 18, 2015, 09:22:03 PM
Quote from: MikeEvs on December 18, 2015, 09:10:24 PM
Booked my flights for Edinburgh today, spending my pay from Team Rock after they finally got around to paying me for my photos  ;)

Ah, are you shutterbugging for Teamrock? Alex Milas, editor of MetalHammer, may be coming on Sunday: we're scheduled to have a chat about summat ...  ;)

Things I've done for Team Rock this year:

Toundra at Clwb Ifor Back in Cardiff photos were used in Prog Magazine
Lonely Robot Launch gig photos were used with Jerry Ewing's online review
Joe Satriani at St David's Hall Cardiff photos were used in Classic Rock's online review

Saturday I'm shooting Nightwish & Amorphis at Wembley Arena for Prog Magazine, Arch Enemy are also on the bill but their more Metal Hammer's thing, maybe you need to introduce me to Alex on Sunday  ;)

Looking more closely at Alex's email signature, actually he's executive director for Teamrock, so I'd say you've worked for him already ;-)

JakeWorrell

Quote from: Nellie on December 18, 2015, 08:10:27 PM
Aww, thanks Jake. Don't they look a mean & moody bunch!?

They look like they're about to "sort someone out". You better come to these gigs or the boys will be round!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

manoncharles

I might attend my first Frost* gigs in June ! Still unsure about it, it will be quite a busy month for me as I'll be moving from Paris to Australia (which is pretty much the other side of the world) the following week-end ;-)
But it would be a shame to miss what could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity don't you think ?
Waiting for a buddy to answer me and I could do both in a raw :-)
A fairytale in negative

D S

Go for it! Frost* gigs are unlike any other - a unique combination of mind blowing musicianship and extreme silliness. A quick trawl of live footage on YouTube will show you what I mean (Frost* trumpet monkey arse etc!  ;D)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

JakeWorrell

You should definitely do it because it could be years before they do any more gigs. You never know with Frost*!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Nellie

The venues are small and they will probably all sell out. It's unlikely that there will be any more UK gigs other than these so get your tickets as soon as possible or you'll kick yourself.
It's in the post!

manoncharles

I know right, I really wish I could get tix now but I still have a few persons/entities approval needed.
I'm not moving to Australia every fortnight either, so it's kind of hard for me to plan things in another country in the middle of what should be really intense and stressfull days with tears and goodbyes to the old continent. :P
A fairytale in negative

owen

As a matter of interest, what crime are they deporting you for?

manoncharles

e/ Haha, na I'm a French teacher for speakers of other languages so... well, France is not the best job spot for me.
Currently teaching English to French kids ---- but it doesn't totally suit me :
I'm not good enough (at English) to feel comfortable with my job, and I'm also not good enough to be decently paid :P
A fairytale in negative

manoncharles

What the heck are "Wath" and "Bilston" ? Heh
I'm trying to find a way to attend a gig travelling with megabus but those cities seem hardly accessible when you don't have a car.
A fairytale in negative

JimD

Wath (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wath-upon-Dearne) and Bilston (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilston) are both small towns. You'd be looking at Megabus to Sheffield or Birmingham respectively and then local buses/trains to visit those places if you are coming from afar.

Standard disclaimer - I've not visited either, but do remember Wath-on-Dearne from the DC Cook adverts of my youth ("Look once, look twice, look for the DC Cook sign").
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Mikey

Quote from: manoncharles on April 06, 2016, 09:53:16 AM
I'm trying to find a way to attend a gig travelling with megabus but those cities seem hardly accessible when you don't have a car.
If you can get close, I'd be happy to pick you up, Leeds & Wakefield would also work better for me.
I used to have a signature

MikeEvs

Quote from: manoncharles on April 06, 2016, 09:53:16 AM

What about Bristol? don't know where you're coming from mind.

manoncharles

Quote from: Mikey on April 06, 2016, 05:53:15 PM
If you can get close, I'd be happy to pick you up, Leeds & Wakefield would also work better for me.
Whoa than you that'd be very nice ! I'm not sure I'll be there just yet but if ever I can get close I'll remind you of your offer <3
Are you going to all 3 shows ?

Quote from: MikeEvs on April 06, 2016, 08:14:24 PM
What about Bristol? don't know where you're coming from mind.
Coming from Paris but I'm moving to Oz on June 24th
So, while coming from Paris less than a week before such an event is a bit inconsiderate, coming from my brand new Oz house might be real crazy - and actually, financially out of question heh.
A fairytale in negative

MikeEvs

Fly from Paris to Edinburgh on the 17th?