Steven Wilson's Insurgentes

Started by PaulBM, November 17, 2008, 01:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulBM

Has anyone else pre-ordered the deluxe DVDA version of Steven Wilson's solo album Insurgentes?
Looking at his website, it looks like it'll be arriving in a week or two.   :D
It also states that the deluxe version has sold out, I hope was early enough to snag one.

ich_bin_besser

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

AnsOnkruid

Sold oud? Noooooooo!!! :(
Oh well I'll just buy the regular version. Argh.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

catherine

I ordered one early on. The regular version's not out until at least January, I believe.

Philadelphia

I ordered the limited edition vinyl... With the postage and everything it turned into the second most expensive album I've ever bought (the most expensive being a UK original of Van der Graaf Generator's Pawn Hearts).
Are they shipping out then? I was under the impression it would be made available as a download and the actual album wouldn't be out until later.
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

catherine

According to //http://www.swhq.co.uk both the limited edition vinyl and deluxe 2 CD/DVDA book version are on target to ship in late November, and the retail version will be out on 10 February 09. (I've also heard, but can't remember where, that if you've ordered one of the limited edition ones, Burning Shed will email you once it's been shipped.)

MikeEvs

I ordered the special edition too, waiting patiently for it

Philadelphia

Quote from: "catherine"According to //http://www.swhq.co.uk both the limited edition vinyl and deluxe 2 CD/DVDA book version are on target to ship in late November, and the retail version will be out on 10 February 09. (I've also heard, but can't remember where, that if you've ordered one of the limited edition ones, Burning Shed will email you once it's been shipped.)

That sounds great! Now there's the question of which address I had mine shipped to, but I'm sure I'll get it at some point. (:-)
- Pedro

MikeEvs

Just got this from Burning Shed:

Hello,

We are starting to ship the CD/DVDA edition of Insurgentes today.  We will ship to countries outside of Europe first, then Europe and then the UK so that all copies arrive at roughly the same time - we expect this to be around 26th November.  Please allow a further two weeks from that date before contacting us.

We will be shipping the vinyl version early next week in the same way, and expect them to begin arriving in the first week of December.

Please do not email us asking if your copy has shipped - we will send you an email when it leaves.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Burning Shed

http://www.burningshed.com/

catherine

So today's burning question is: Which will I receive first? Insurgentes or EIMA? My money's on Insurgentes at present - Burning Shed seem a lot more with-it than CRS, who totally failed to pass my order on.

Bert

Quote from: "catherine"So today's burning question is: Which will I receive first? Insurgentes or EIMA? My money's on Insurgentes at present - Burning Shed seem a lot more with-it than CRS, who totally failed to pass my order on.

You're def right. Burning Shed is a top operation compared to CRS. And its home is in my lovely home City of Norwich !

The email from BS this week gave details of the despatching, so expect Insurgentes on time would be my bet.

This is shaping to be the album of they year in my opinion (apols to Jem and co)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

catherine

Quote from: "Bert"Burning Shed is a top operation compared to CRS. And its home is in my lovely home City of Norwich !

The email from BS this week gave details of the despatching, so expect Insurgentes on time would be my bet.

This is shaping to be the album of they year in my opinion (apols to Jem and co)

Burning Shed is indeed a top operation, and Peter Chilvers (one of the founders) is a top bloke and a cracking musician. I was exceedingly fortunate to go to the Burning Shed evening back in June 2006 in Norwich - did you go to that, Bert?

Bert

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Bert"Burning Shed is a top operation compared to CRS. And its home is in my lovely home City of Norwich !

Burning Shed is indeed a top operation, and Peter Chilvers (one of the founders) is a top bloke and a cracking musician. I was exceedingly fortunate to go to the Burning Shed evening back in June 2006 in Norwich - did you go to that, Bert?

No I didn't, unfortunately.

However, I did bump into Tim Bowness at the PT O2 gig last month and sat chatting for a while. He was really cool and we talked about the new No Man album and how was Burning Shed going and whether he and SW had any plans to gig some more ?

Apparently BS has moved to bigger premises, so it seems to be going well; I joked that he should get SW down to Norwich for a little No Man/BS club gig like the one you went to, and he wasn't completely anti the idea but said his and SW's schedules were so crammed now for 2009 that it would be a little while before they could do anything else.

If they do, I'll def be there !!!
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Philadelphia

Same here, the No-Man gig at Bush Hall in August was fabulous!
- Pedro

catherine

Quote from: "Philadelphia"Same here, the No-Man gig at Bush Hall in August was fabulous!

I so wish I could have gone to that! It's supposed to be coming out on DVD, though I think? (fingers crossed)