Portnoy and Day Job and Double Frost* Album?? Oh, My!!

Started by gr8gonzo, December 09, 2008, 11:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

The View From The Cube overfloweth with informationeth.  It's a wonder the man's got anything left to give...eth.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

EVP

Yes indeed I just read this. Too bad the Progressive nation thing wouldn't work
right now,but ya never know in the future I guess. Any way you slice it, it could be
interesting couple of years ahead for Frost*.

johninblack

Blimey! All that work, no wonder we've not heard much from him lately
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Dr.Ripper

Dude! I'm a huge flippin' fan of Dream Theater!

If Frost* and Dream Theater had toured together, that concert would have been filled with so much awesome that...

...I don't know....

My head would've exploded or something!

It's good to hear from Jem again though. 12 hours a day 7 days a week? Yikes.
whut

BeyondThePale

I went to the inaugural Progressive Nation in NYC(Both nights!) and before, during, AND after the show I was thinking "WOW it would be awesome if Frost* ended up on this tour next year"

Why did you have to shatter my dreamsssssss  :cry:

But considering his reasons are more than legitimate, I cannot really complain. I think I would spontaneously combust from the amount of awesome that show would have anyway.

But the fact that Portnoy even approached him means good things for Frost* in the future =D It wouldn't be the first time Portnoy's helped get a Prog band off their feet and into the "mainstream", so to speak.

Liquid

It would have been sweet. Oh well. Last Prog Nation didn't come within 8 hours of me, and I live in the bloody USA. It would have been neat, with the exception of BTBAM, which is an obnoxious emo band thingie that really bugs me. Oh well. Maybe it'll be a good line up later.

But a new double album in conceptualization? As well as possibly another album between now and then? I'm already excited. And I haven't even bloody heard Experiments in Mass Appeal yet.

MikeEvs

I would have loved to have seen DT and Frost* on the same bill but it's probably healthier for my back balance that it's not going to happen as I'd have been booking flights as soon as it was announced

Valhall

Same here.

This is a true paradox. As a DT fan, I can only regret this double heavenly bill won't happen (though I also understand Jem's point of view), but at the same time, knowing these two blokes I love are in contact makes me really, really happy, and full of hope for the future.

That was huge news after such a long silence. Welcome back to the Internet Jem  :D
...Whatever.

Gandalf1986

You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Dave M

its a crying shame, but I'm sure there will be many other opportunities coming Frosts way .. just pleased to see a post from Mr G .. he's been on the missing list for a while, the VFTC certainly explains why !

It's nearly Christmas Jem .. make sure you have at least a couple of hours off on the 25th !  :lol:
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

BeyondThePale

Quote from: "Liquid"It would have been sweet. Oh well. Last Prog Nation didn't come within 8 hours of me, and I live in the bloody USA. It would have been neat, with the exception of BTBAM, which is an obnoxious emo band thingie that really bugs me. Oh well. Maybe it'll be a good line up later.

But a new double album in conceptualization? As well as possibly another album between now and then? I'm already excited. And I haven't even bloody heard Experiments in Mass Appeal yet.

You must know nothing about BTBAM if you think they're "emo". Colors is one of the best progressive metal albums to come out in the last decade. Educate yourself.

keithd

I'm a big fan of Mike Portnoy...but not Dream Theater
My Hovercraft is full of eels

BeyondThePale

Dream Theater is like a gateway drug, for Prog.

A lot of people hear them first, and love them, and then get into all sorts of other Prog, and then they realize they don't like Dream Theater anymore because everything else is so much better.

szabiakanich

Quote from: "BeyondThePale"
Quote from: "Liquid"It would have been sweet. Oh well. Last Prog Nation didn't come within 8 hours of me, and I live in the bloody USA. It would have been neat, with the exception of BTBAM, which is an obnoxious emo band thingie that really bugs me. Oh well. Maybe it'll be a good line up later.

You must know nothing about BTBAM if you think they're "emo". Colors is one of the best progressive metal albums to come out in the last decade. Educate yourself.

Might be. I still despise the vocals. I couldn't get through the whole album once...I tried a few times, but the vocals ruin it for me, sorry. Music is good, but vocals are just hard on the ears. And I DO listen to Opeth on a regular basis, so it's not like I can't put up with cookie monster vocals. Only difference being that Mikael knows how to do it and the other guy doesn't (or well, maybe he does, but it's just not appealing to my ears.)