Wake up Rosetta!

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 10, 2013, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

Well yesterday I committed the most heinous act of basking in reflected glory!
Sat in A&E with Mrs Sawtooth (another story) we were watching the Beeb News on the waiting room telly, and the Rosetta feature (with Trapezium Artist) came on. My cries of 'I know that guy! I've had a curry with him!' were not best appreciated by the other queuing patients...

Anyway Mark, whatever happens in the next few hours you should all be bloody proud of yourselves for this amazing achievement. Well done.

RacingHippo

Quote from: JimD on November 12, 2014, 09:06:31 AM
Just heard TA on Radio 4!

Yep. Today programme at about 830. All activity in the house was hushed as soon as I heard mention of Rosetta, then ceased entirely when I heard TA's name.
Nicely, clearly articulated, Mr Artist.
I'm seriously proud to know you!

Quote from: sawtooth on November 12, 2014, 09:40:26 AM
Anyway Mark, whatever happens in the next few hours you should all be bloody proud of yourselves for this amazing achievement. Well done.
Hear, hear!
* May contain nuts.

MikeEvs

Our TA on the BBC website talking about the comet's structure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30020941

JimD

So...with the comet being icy, and there possibly being jets of gas coming off the comet at some point, if they were to condense on Philae, would it get frost(*)y?
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

catherine

Just seen TA on the livestream - a brain the size of the planet, and they get him to read out tweets  ;D

I'm wondering if he's going to get a tattoo to match his colleague Matt Taylor's when the landing is successful?

owen

Get in there! Well done TA! (And your minions,too)

MikeEvs

Congratulations on a successful landing on 67P  :D

Really pleased for you TA and everyone involved

sawtooth

REALLY chuffed to bits for you all TA!  :D

JimD

Great achievement - it's bloody cool!  :D
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Mordwin

There are a few occasions* when the human race does something wonderful (in it's most literal sense). Congratulations to all those who made today's example happen.

* (Outwith Frost* gigs of course ;))

D S

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about - I mean, it's hardly rocket science. Oh..  ;)

Seriously though, great stuff TA. I'm really pleased for you and the team. Looking forward to seeing the pictures from a comet.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Rook

lyn

As exciting as the moon landings and then some!
That rocks! So cool...
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

RacingHippo

* May contain nuts.