Main Menu

Aurora

Started by Geddy Lee, April 23, 2010, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geddy Lee

Hi

If you have a few spare moments with nothing better to do than have a smile at some Psychedlic Space Prog Rock from 1985 then head on over to my first bands page over on FACEBOOK

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Aurora ... 301?ref=mf

Check out the music on the My Band section, add youself to my friends too if you like and PLEASE give me some feedback! It really WILL be interesting!!

Cheers!

Karl Beeston
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

Geddy Lee

So has anyone got any comments to make? I'd love to hear what you think!!!!

Karl
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

MarkOneMusic

Like it!

Certainly got a psychedelic vibe..  I can almost see the oil-wheel light show as I listen! that really echoey vocal effect is fun. and the guitar solo was nice...  Did it go on for 20 minutes live? :)

Be interested in some details... what synths were used?

Geddy Lee

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"Like it!

Certainly got a psychedelic vibe..  I can almost see the oil-wheel light show as I listen! that really echoey vocal effect is fun. and the guitar solo was nice...  Did it go on for 20 minutes live? :)

Be interested in some details... what synths were used?

Cheers!!

We actually DID have an oil-wheel light show!! Were you there!!!?? Ha ha!! I used to have an authentic 60's oil-wheel projector with various different wheels. I sold it years ago and always regretted it. I have always hated the way it was recorded, it was an attempt at a "wall of sound" which is why  some 25 years later armed with only the cassette of it since the master tapes went bye bye years ago, I have attempted a remix of it. It's coming along pretty nicely so far, all things considered!
Keyboards that were  used, of the top of my head were: JUNO 106, DX7, MOOG TAURUS II BASS PEDALS, FENDER RHODES, a string machine that I can't remember the name of and a mini moog copy type if thing that I also can't remember the name of!!
My remix will have MELOTRON on it as well, eventually!!
20 minutes???? We sometimes went on for as long as we felt!! Especially if we did an Impro in the middle of the set!! If you are interested the REMIX should be finished sometime soon, but won't be online. Only on cd-r.

Karl :D
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

gav

:shock: Did I hear a dirty word begining with M?
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "gav":shock: Did I hear a dirty word begining with M?

What? MOOG?