EIMA discussion and appriciation thread

Started by Qjimbo, November 16, 2008, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drarok

I've emailed CRS to see if I can get any info from whoever's meant to be delivering it. :(

AnsOnkruid

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Liquid

I know, I know. Heartbreak. I've never been so unhappy in my life to get a Frank Zappa album. Dangit, EIMA was supposed to beat that here by a lot. Gah. I want the Frost*, but I still have no idea if my order's got issues or if it's just my local mailing system. I wish CRS sent out posting confirmations...

turbo

?"By the beard of Zeus"

Ash

Not just me then  :(   Heroes and Prison Break for me tonight.  Only thing that got me through work was the expectation that the postman had been.
Ash
xxx

MikeEvs

Just listening to the "instrumental" version of Wonderland and I almost fell off my chair laughing, your right Mr Godfrey I wasn't expecting that :lol:

Dodie

Earlier on (probably on the wrong thread! LOL) I said I love EIMA, but tentatively wondered if I missed some of the lyrical / melodic features of MT, speculated if a little more breathing space might have been no bad thing, and mentioned peetering out at the end.

Scrap all that. On my 8th or 9th listen now, and I was wrong...  :o

This is great, great stuff - and the DDD-Falling Down pair are just phenomenal; I also like how with further listens the choruses in "Falling Down" are actually quite chilled out and funky...

Also, the chorus of 'Wonderland' (just before the 4 minute mark) has just finally hit me fully - wow, this is good.

I can't remember the last time I got an album that I felt compelled to listen to over and over within only a few days of first hearing it. There are plenty of prog (and other) albums I admire a lot that I've had for years, but that I've never listened to more than 3 or 4 times in total. So for EIMA to be playing almost constantly for the last four days is really something for me...

Cheers

David

grif

No album yet for me  :(
Hoping that my emails will sort out my order.

Mikey

Quote from: "Drarok"I've emailed CRS to see if I can get any info from whoever's meant to be delivering it. :(
PM TLD
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Not sure if anyone else has noticed and posted on this yet, but the ending of Secret Song sounds very much like a storm fading off into the distance, with the toms taking the part of the thunder accompanied by Jem's beautiful distorted keys, both slowly disappearing over the horizon.

Of course, EIMA-the-song plays in with a similar pulsing heartbeat, rain, and a real thunder sample, so all in all, one could say that EIMA-the-album represents the perfect storm rolling by. And given the intensity of the divine noise that crashes in over the intervening 57 minutes, that storm is damn near in your back garden.

Wonderful, simply wonderful, from beginning to end, gentlemen. Favourite song? Whichever one is playing at any given moment  :D

(Oh, and Jem; if the ending to Secret Song is any indication of your future activities in the ambient direction, as suggested in one of your blog posts I think, you can most definitely sign me up; have you heard Peter Broderick's "Float"? Beautiful.)

Mikey

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"with the toms
No Tom's, think we upset him with the hyperquoting
I used to have a signature

turbo

?"By the beard of Zeus"

JimD

Hello new forum, this is my first post.

Got mine at lunchtime today, signed DVD edition, plus the halftone-screen teeshirt and white window sticker.  I even got a bonus mark on the back of my copy of some wet ink from another signature!

Haven't been able to read the whole thread yet, so apologies for any repetition, but listening at the moment in the dark of a November afternoon to Saline, well, it sounds like good music for the time of year.  I first listened to Selling England By The Pound at this time of year and it's got that same ruddy-cheeked, twigs snapping underfoot, walking home across the fields to freshly-hewn sap-fresh logs tossed on an open fire, erm, vibe about it.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Jem

Hello Jim, Welcome again!

I know what you mean, Wind and Wuthering's the same for me. I first heard it around this time and everytime I hear the opening to 11th Earl Of Mar, I'm in deepest November even if I'm in deepest June.

Tricky

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Of course, EIMA-the-song plays in with a similar pulsing heartbeat, rain, and a real thunder sample, so all in all, one could say the EIMA-the-album represents the perfect storm rolling by. And given the intensity of the divine noise that crashes in over the intervening 57 minutes, that storm is damn near in your back garden.

So the whole thing runs beautifully on 'repeat album'  :D

The first time I listened to the secret song, I was in the conservatory with headphones on - and I really did think there was storm brewing up when the thunder cut in.
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...