Main Menu

high voltage

Started by turbo, January 16, 2011, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L33VEY

Isn't it lucky that Neal Morse is "in the area" just as Spocks Beard might need a "guest" vocalist?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

mr_john

Quote from: "L33VEY"Isn't it lucky that Neal Morse is "in the area" just as Spocks Beard might need a "guest" vocalist?

Hmmm part of me would love that the other would see it as a step backwards....

gr8gonzo

As I've posted this elsewhere, Neal joined Spock's on stage in '08 and played "The Light" with them. I'm not saying he'd do a whole set (and besides, the band have stated their focus is on the past few albums), but it's not outside the realm of possibility that he'd make an appearance with them.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Cptncanary

If people wouldn't mind sparing a few mouse clicks to add Saga to the roster //http://www.highvoltagefestival.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1536  :D  :D

DueyC

At long last I've managed to get my account activated  :o

Vote for Frost* duly added, thereby bumping the thread  :D
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Anna and me will be there again anyway... Caravan, Tull, Anathema, Queensryche, Thunder etc kinda sealed the ticket purchase... if Frost* could play it would be the icing on the cake, or should that be the Frost*ing on the cake!!

L33VEY

Final Prog announcements were a bit - disappointing?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

DueyC

Quote from: "L33VEY"Final Prog announcements were a bit - disappointing?

I though so. Lots of mildly interesting stuff but nothing to make me want to part with £100 + hotel + train fare  :|
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Pedro

We parted with £135 each for our 2 tickets last year so £100 is better. I'm quite keen to see some of these acts and having thoroughly enjoyed the last one from the rail of the Prog stage I'm looking forward to taking a step back, maybe sitting down and taking in a bit more of the event itself.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MarkOneMusic

Sunday is going to leave me with a headache - Main Stage Black Country Communion followed by Dream Theater

and meanwhile on the Prog stage, Spocks Beard and then Tull!

What to do? What to DO?!?!

ich_bin_besser

First SB, then DT, of course.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Phrog

Does anyone reckon there's any chance of Derek Sherinian joining DT on stage, what with him playing with BCC just before? I think it'd be a nice surprise, but may take too much of the spotlight away from the new drummer for DT's liking. We'll see!

MadeOutOfCats

Looks like NDV definitely won't be with The Beard at HV: they've just announced that Ted Leonard will be standing in. Mixed feelings about that - I'd prefer NDV, but I thought Ted was good the only time I've seen him. (With Enchant supporting Spock's Beard, of course  :). )

Also, it looks like SB might be playing a few more dates around that time. I went to see Steve Lukather at Manchester Academy last night, and they were advertising that SB would be playing there in July. (Of course I didn't write the date down, and I can't find any confirmation on the web this morning :(.)

ich_bin_besser

Good choice with Ted to me. I love this guy!
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Mooncat

I'm now hoping that maybe SB will do some warm up gigs, and possibly even end up supporting DT on their two warm up shows) ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy