Frost Shows Cancelled

Started by Jem, January 23, 2009, 10:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

We're sorry to announce that Frost will be unable to play the double headliner shows with Magenta on Friday April 10th at the Boerderij and Saturday April 11th at The Rock Temple.

This is due to the continued inability to find a replacement drummer for Andy.

Jem says, "In truth, there is a guy who I am really keen to have in the band, but he's on tour with another band during the month that we're scheduled to play these shows.

As you know, Frost's music is hardly something that you can teach a chap in a couple of hours and it's this that is providing us with the problem. Combined with my already very intense dayjob schedule, it's simply going to be impossible for me to spend February finding a dep, every weekend in March teaching the dep how to play our set back to front only to have to repeat the who teaching procedure again with the new drummer after that.

Obviously, I know you're thinking, "Why not just keep the dep then?" but if you've already found the right girl, metaphorically speaking, you're hardly going to start snogging her mate shortly before she moves in with you. And I believe, with the man in question, I've found the right girl. If you see what I mean"

Magenta will still be performing on these dates and RWPL will be taking over our slot.

Again, sincere apologies to those who were looking forward to seeing the band, we're very sorry, but hope to catch you out there at some point in the future.

However, Frost would like to reiterate that they WILL performing at RosFest . There'll be a further announcement about this very shortly.

JamesA

Quote from: "Jem"but if you've already found the right girl, metaphorically speaking, you're hardly going to start snogging her mate shortly before she moves in with you.

Well, is her mate fit ?  No, no, of course you wouldn't.  :twisted:

Tough call to have to make - totally understand your reasons, if not your analogies  ;)

catherine

Quote from: "Jem"And I believe, with the man in question, I've found the right girl. If you see what I mean.

Now THAT just sounds like a thinly veiled excuse for more man-love, if you ask me.

Pedro

Hmm....are Midas touring anytime soon....?
(I can't get to MySpace at work)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Geetar

This space for sale.

Trapezium Artist

Ah, pity, if very understandable in the circumstances. The opportunity had presented itself for me to be in the Netherlands for work at that time, so I was planning on going to the Boerderij gig. I was very interested to see how our continental friends feel about the band in a live context, in possible contrast to the nuttily dedicated (and count me as one of them) UK Frosties as seen in their full glory at the Peel ...  :D

Anyway, my aim for 2009: to hear Dear Dead Days live somewhere in the world.

DannySoisSage

We all know how much of a legend TBE was and still is; if it takes a little extra effort to get the right guy in then so be it! Better to wait and snog the right girl  :lol:

Pedro

Quote from: "Pedro"Hmm....are Midas touring anytime soon....?
(I can't get to MySpace at work)
Hmm....ok, dead end on that one then!  :D

Given the clues "mate of Andy" and "not in a prog band" I looked at Andy's new drumming school web page, saw his co-conspirator "Dave" played in an Indie band and put 2 and 2 together....not correct though.  :(

We wait and we wonder....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

Can we take that to mean the "girl" has expressed interest in the job?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Tricky

:idea: Aren't the gigs during the Easter hols? (no school?)  
Couldn't TBE be persuaded out of retirement for just a couple more gigs?
I suppose that the rehearsals might be a bit of a problem  :(
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Bokkie

Shite..... i was really looking forward to this gig. Oh well...perhaps next year (2010).
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Bert

On the bright side, it means that I won't have to spend 8 hours on a vomit spattered ferry.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

RWA

Bummer!  :?

Anyway, not the end of the world. That's not due till 2012, right?!
I'm sure they'll return later this year with a vengeance!  :)

johninblack

Quote from: "eponymous"Jem's dream drummer?

(Well, he did say non-prog and he didn't say he was on a musical tour)
But has he really got Drum-Bot potential?. Good song that btw.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

W.E.

Always a crumb