Main Menu

X7 Files

Started by Jem, August 09, 2010, 01:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Quote from: "dtscape10"Jem - Thanks for the suggestion but I'm still not having any luck I tried it and It came up with an error message!!! :?  

LeonH - It's a great keyboard but I've come to the conclusion that what I have already will do what i want it too... I love the sounds of the X but I'm not keen on this whole preset/user setup. I'm used to using Korgs which you can type a number in to get to the patch (which you can do on the G's now) and also edit that sound and save it there, rather than having to save it else where(in the user patches). The piano's are far superior to what I use at the moment but, in all honesty, no one round here is going to care!!! Not on the pub scene anyway!!! :lol:
I'm still selling it but I am in no rush... If I sell it I'll probably buy something else but if I don't I'm not too worried at the moment. I like using it as a practice keyboard that I can leave setup all the time. ;)
My original intention was to shrink my rig down to just 2 keyboards (Korg Triton Classic 61 , with scsi moss board and 64ram,& Roland Fantom X7) instead of 3 (Korg Triton, 01/Wfd and Roland D50) but I realised that old saying... If it ain't broke don't fix it!!! :D

Pedro - I'm going to fireup that PocketSun and steel that pccard from him!!!!  :lol: That should do it....... :D

Look at the X's pads. They have numbers too, you can use those to go to specific patches also, and the organization of Rolands patches far surpass Korgs. My main issue with Korg is that to get decent sounds you need to construct them from the ground up, there are no bread and butter sounds, all the patches are made to sound flashy and you can write a song just by hitting one of the pads and playing along, which feels a bit of a cheat...

dtscape10

I suppose it's just what you're used too...  :) Everyones opinions vary on keyboards otherwise only one company would make any money!!!!! I've been using Korgs for a good few years and have done everything i need from them ... so i can't complain. As I said, the piano sound on the Triton classic is awful compared to todays standards but in all fairness i don't think the general public care that much about it.... No one has ever come up to me and said "that piano sound is awful" or words to that effect!!! I do like the sounds of the Fantom X and I wish I had the time to do it justice but time is scarce these days so I'll make do with what I'm used too.
As far as I'm aware the Fantom X pads do not work as numbers(not for patch changes anyway)... that was introduced on the Gs.  ;)

Ps. I still can't get the patches of Jems too work!!!!! Frustrated I am!!!  :lol:

SerFox

Oh bugger it. Are the files being flown about for any given reason, or would I be allowed to have a delve into the world of Godfrey and see what I can do with my X8, since Uni took up all my time and I just use it as a giant sample bank at the moment.

boswell

I speak as someone who's had these samples since April roughly and still hasn't had any luck.

Dtscape: Jem did mention in a PM that he had the SRX expansion board for installed for one of the organ banks. As far as I can see this could be the only possible explanation for the problems I was having (I don't have the boards) although if you've got them, then that's that theory out the window. But I've got the X6, and Jem's using an X6 in that video so....I'm at a loss as to what else could be the problem.

I managed to extract what I could from the samples (which are mind buggeringly awesome. Hearing snippets of Milliontown in isolation sent goosebumps down my peculiars. Especially the singing lady, and the big twinkly pad swell) and tried to reconstruct the patches as was logical, from the videos. Needless to say I failed miserably, but seeing as all I needed them for was to get the solo synths for Hyper and BLM I'm certainly more than happy.

I feel we could set up some form of support group, with free coffee mornings. And biscuits of course.

Stay strong sister.