New Album Direction

Started by Arenarec, February 05, 2012, 01:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brom

Quote from: "danofmayz"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Arenarec"
QuoteI for one am hoping and praying influences of The Losers don't creep too far in. From what I have heard of The Losers, it is completely void of soul and musicality......much of it sounds like those demo songs you hear in any consumer electronic keyboard or cheesy synth workstation. Very sequenced, quantized, and mechanical.

Maybe a naked man in a field playing the lute would suit you better?

Dude....that's just gross.....I don't swing that way, but thanks for the offer.  :roll:

Sorry, don't follow: independent of anyone's sexuality, why is the image of a naked man in a field playing a lute gross? If anything, it's funny. In fact, couldn't be more prog ...  8-)

I'm glad someone got the joke! :)

Yeah, I though it was very obvious it was supposed to read "flute"
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

rogerg

Mouse

Quote from: "Arenarec"If Rush suddenly had Mandolins and Banjos on a record, it many ways it would cease to be Rush and would attract a completely different audience.

There's a mandolin on The Main Monkey Business from Snakes And Arrows, isn't there? Mandolins sound great. And it may not be Rush, but there's a banjo on the last Big Big Train EP on Master Of Time. That's something I really do like about progressive music - no restrictions with instrumentation!  :D

gav

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "Arenarec"If Rush suddenly had Mandolins and Banjos on a record, it many ways it would cease to be Rush and would attract a completely different audience.

There's a mandolin on The Main Monkey Business from Snakes And Arrows, isn't there? Mandolins sound great. And it may not be Rush, but there's a banjo on the last Big Big Train EP on Master Of Time. That's something I really do like about progressive music - no restrictions with instrumentation!  :D

Not forgetting the section from Trains by Porcupine Tree ;)
Many a folky instrument in there...
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Dodie

[/quote]
Maybe a naked man in a field playing the lute would suit you better?[/quote]

Depending on the man, it might have to be an archlute...

But a Frost* album imbued with the melancholy of John Dowland would be a genuinely surprising progression  :lol:

Hmm, now I think about it - prog rock inspired by Dowland's Lachrimae might not be all that bad...

David

Villuccikeys

I think the new album should be doom metal.

owen

Can you do that with no hair?

danofmayz

Quote from: "owen"Can you do that with no hair?

Absolutely not! Also, Jem is not Scandinavian.
Follow me on Twitter! //http://twitter.com/danmvalverde @danmvalverde

Trapezium Artist

I dunno: I've always thought of him as Jåm Gødfröy.

danofmayz

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"

I dunno: I've always thought of him as Jåm Gødfröy.

:lol:
Follow me on Twitter! //http://twitter.com/danmvalverde @danmvalverde

E.S.

If they were Norwegian they could also go black metal. Preferably with makeup.
What about:

Jens Godli
John Mikkelsen
Nathaniel Kvinge
Klaus Blindheim

Mouse

Klaus Blindheim. Brilliant.  :lol:

rogerg

MarkOneMusic

I think Jem's blogging has hinted at something that crosses into genres possibly less well known to us...

I'm thinking:

Speed Polka, maybe with some Psy-Assyrian/Syriac a smattering of Min'y? death funk, perhaps with a some Progressive Tejano influences in there.

Geetar

What happened to the lewd man sitting with a newt ?

I'm not sure I got that quite right.
This space for sale.