Wakeman says "Yes" to Frost - TWICE

Started by Jem, June 29, 2009, 10:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SussexProgMan

All these may months I have endured snide comments from Mrs Sussex Prog and the Progettes about Planet Rock and the ONE weekend I miss Sir Rick, I miss Frost* too! Gonna head for the listen again feature. Anybody know roughly when it appeared?

catherine

We need to have a concerted email attack on Planet Rock now, congratulating Mr Wakeman for his extreme taste and discernment in playing a Frost* track for us, and asking for plenty more! The email address you'll be needing, people, is:

mailto:rick@planetrock.com">rick@planetrock.com

so get busy with those emails!

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

Well done Pedders!

(I PMed you earlier - did you get it??)

keithd

Rick is a first class Gent! I've had the privilege of meeting him twice and he's such a down to earth guy, not pretentious in any way :)
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Lerxst

Mr Wakeman gave FROST* another great plug on his show today and played Hyperventilate  :D

JimD

Switched on Rick's Place this morning and found it was 7/8ths of the way through Hyperventilate.  Grooveh!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

catherine

Fantastic! So the email campaign is working! Good old Rick! (Lovely bloke)

D S

Quote from: "JimD"Switched on Rick's Place this morning and found it was 7/8ths of the way through Hyperventilate.
That would be an appropriate time! :D
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro

Quote from: "D S"
Quote from: "JimD"Switched on Rick's Place this morning and found it was 7/8ths of the way through Hyperventilate.
That would be an appropriate time! :D
Lovin' your work DS!  ;)

Mouse

Wakey's becoming a proper Frost*ie!  8-)

Pedro

OK, I've found it on my Sky+ and once again they were very complementary.

Not sure I can be bothered to go through the faff of posting a recording of it (only 10 people downloaded the last one - must find an easier way to share stuff).

But I will pass on three things they said :-

1) "Frost* again. We like Frost*. Yes, we like Frost*"

2) "We've had loads of emails."

3) "Great album, called Millennium"....<insert sound of recoord-player needle being suddenly dragged off record>

Millennium??? Rick, mate, you were doing so well!!

I say; let's fire up the email campaign again and let's see if we can go 3 for 3.   :lol:

catherine

When in the programme was it? So that I can use the Planet Rock listen again function?

Pedro

Approx 30 - 31 minutes in, on my recording which started at the beginning of the news at 10am.
So, subtract 2 minutes for the news it should be 28 - 29 minutes into the programme.  :)

Brom

I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333