The Dividing Line

Started by amazingwilf, February 04, 2010, 10:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazingwilf

Would Mr. Godfrey care to comment on a rumour being put about by one of his family members about the nature of the new song currently being written:

It'll be himself, naked in the toilet, strumming a badly tuned banjo...

Enquiring minds, etc...

Hello everyone, by the way :)
David \'Wilf\' Elliott
Listen to The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
http]

MikeEvs

Hi Wilf welcome to Frost*ie land glad you've finally been allowed in :D

amazingwilf

Quote from: "MikeEvs"Hi Wilf welcome to Frost*ie land glad you've finally been allowed in :D
Ta Mike - I did subscribe ages and ages ago, but I never used it, and as we all no, if you don't use it you lose it  :lol:

But I'm here now, thanks to that nice Nellie and the good offices of Godfrey Minor himself...
David \'Wilf\' Elliott
Listen to The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
http]

Trapezium Artist

Eek. The Amazing Wilf has materialised, surely to reprimand me for having five (nay, six!) editions of The European Perspective queued and as-yet unlistened to in my iTunes ...  :shock:

Sorry, sorry: I keep meaning to clear enough space on my iPhone to download the podcast and listen on the way to work, but it's full with all that pesky prog music  :D

amazingwilf

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Eek. The Amazing Wilf has materialised, surely to reprimand me for having five (nay, six!) editions of The European Perspective queued and as-yet unlistened to in my iTunes ...  :shock:

Sorry, sorry: I keep meaning to clear enough space on my iPhone to download the podcast and listen on the way to work, but it's full with all that pesky prog music  :D

Oh, I know how it is...just the six, eh? Maybe you should take a week off work ;)
David \'Wilf\' Elliott
http]

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "amazingwilf"Oh, I know how it is...just the six, eh? Maybe you should take a week off work ;)

While one of the women in my life (my wife) might concur, I seriously doubt that the other (my secretary) would. And in fact, even if my wife's vote won the day, I shouldn't think I'd be allowed to lounge around and listen to prog podcasts all day: it'd be off to Ikea immediately, I fear  :shock:

Then again, Ikea might feel a little less overwhelming if I could wander through it wrapped in a warm blanket of Christina Booth's euphonious tones ...  :)

Mouse

Wilf has breached the defences! Run for your lives!  :P

rogerg

amazingwilf

Quote from: "Mouse"Wilf has breached the defences! Run for your lives!  :P
You can run...but you can't hide!
David \'Wilf\' Elliott
http]

amazingwilf

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Then again, Ikea might feel a little less overwhelming if I could wander through it wrapped in a warm blanket of Christina Booth's euphonious tones ...  :)
You need something to get you through IKEA. It calls to me the week after next, as we will be redecorating and refitting Spoffo's bedroom. Hate, hate, hate.
David \'Wilf\' Elliott
http]

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "amazingwilf"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Then again, Ikea might feel a little less overwhelming if I could wander through it wrapped in a warm blanket of Christina Booth's euphonious tones ...  :)
You need something to get you through IKEA. It calls to me the week after next, as we will be redecorating and refitting Spoffo's bedroom. Hate, hate, hate.

Problem with Ikea is that when I have to go, I can usually only manage on a Saturday or Sunday, when the massed hordes from hell are also traipsing around. I was at the one in Delft on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago to get some new desks to plonk our shiny new 27 inch iMac (tasty) on, and the queue of traffic on the motorway trying to get off at the adjacent junction was so great, the motorway was shut  :shock:

Perhaps I should go at 9am on a Tuesday morning once; it might be tolerable.

(Still, I have to admit that I quite like some of their stuff: very plain, straightforward, functional, and yet occasionally stylish. Surprisingly difficult to find in other furniture places; any cloggies on here know of any other good alternatives in the Randstad?)

Speaking of Christina in Holland, that reminds me: does anyone know whether Magenta are playing at Zoetermeer on May 1st? The Zoetermeer website says yes, the Magenta website says nothing. Any insider info?

Pedro

@TA: Unofficially, the word is that Magenta are playing Zoetermeer on that date. Website updates tend to get held up by the pesky day jobs that those good people have to deal with. :o)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"@TA: Unofficially, the word is that Magenta are playing Zoetermeer on that date. Website updates tend to get held up by the pesky day jobs that those good people have to deal with. :o)

Thanks, Pedro: I was going to buy a ticket or two anyway, but it's good to know that there hadn't been a cancellation or some such.

Anyone else from round these parts likely to be there?

gr8gonzo

Loving the newest Frost* Report! Oh, how I've meesed them.

What is the current status of TDL (the song)?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Jem

The status currently is about panic factor 4. Much to do and not a lot of time to do it. :shock: