The Dividing Line - Live

Started by johninblack, April 08, 2010, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Well? is it do-able? There's just so much to it, I wonder how practical it is to do live.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

In obviously unqualified opinion I would say a tentative yes, depending on who would be available to play (particularly drums).
Another, more serious question would be, will my knees hold-up giving how much bouncing would be required? ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

DueyC

We'd better all start learning the backwards lyrics now...
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

I was wondering this very question today.  I would love to hear this live.

Mouse

To pull it off live would require tight musicianship not seen since Tighty McTight And The Tightwads released Tightening My Grip. Or something... Of course, I do not doubt that the chaps could do it and make it look effortless as usual.  :)

RWA

These come in handy for some of the tricky parts:

OR...... you include this guy:

Or this guy:

sawtooth

Quote from: "RWA"These come in handy for some of the tricky parts:

In my mind's eye I can see Jem looning around on stage in a steampunked One Man Band rig!  :D

rogerg

Quote from: "sawtooth"
Quote from: "RWA"These come in handy for some of the tricky parts:

In my mind's eye I can see Jem looning around on stage in a steampunked One Man Band rig!  :D

I just figured that was TBE...

catherine

Surely that's John Mitchell sitting down by the guitar case?

DannySoisSage

I was thinking this earlier...I don't know if it will be but it would be INCREDIBLE to hear.

If the band could learn the backwards part...
JM could play the violin solo...
Tara Busch...hmm

Maybe if they got a bit of a video show going?

Couple of thoughts though, Jem is very good at changing things up live and also they might only play it once or twice, I can't see anyone having a massive problem with having Tara and Lyndon's parts sampled for the sake of hearing the rest of the madness  :mrgreen:

gr8gonzo

I would think the backward portion would be best left as a sample.

Madfiddler has already expressed his willingness to do his part live, should the opportunity arise.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

DannySoisSage

Another thought is that the band seems to be becoming more fluid, could this include strange lineups for certain gigs or sets thereof? Kind of like the Crimson projekts. Would be pretty cool, even cooler if they did their own versions of things and were recorded for download  ;)  ;)  ;)

Mouse

If it does get a live airing, Johnny Boyes should be hunted out to do his part.  :P

sawtooth

Quote from: "Mouse"If it does get a live airing, Johnny Boyes should be hunted out to do his part.  :P

Like a Wildebeast of prog... ;)