Red Bazaar featuring Sawtooth!

Started by Pedro, December 01, 2013, 03:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Our very own Sawtooth appeared with Nottingham band "Red Bazaar" last night, supporting Alan Reed at the CRS Maltby.
The four-piece have us a very enjoyable set of instrumental prog/rock that was well played by all.

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

Nice!!  any video or sounds available anywhere?

Fogeyspasm

I really enjoyed them. Was expecting a Dream Theater stylee widdlefest and luckily they were not like that at all.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Rook

Crikey, I hope the drummer doesn't hit that crash by sawtooth's head too often...

Good show chaps!

Pedro

Unfortunately, my fully charged and completely empty camera had an absolutely terrible view from 51 miles away on the shelf next to the telephone in our hall.
I did try recording a few moments on my phone but that made them sound like a fleet of old Landrovers, reversing up-hill on wet gravel which the band actually didn't sound like at all.

Sorry about that.

I can tell you that everything they played sounded good (both in terms of sound quality and composition). As Sawtooth said beforehand, the amount of rehearsal could have been greater and there were a few moments when the improv wasn't exactly intentional but it all came back together pretty sharpish. I was carried along by it (toe-tapping stuff) and didn't notice the time going by.

One "song" they did featured a middle section made up of various solos. This started with a take on the Mission Impossible theme. Good fun.

I stand ready to go see them again.

rogerg

Cool.  No worries, but maybe it's time to invest in a telephoto lens...

;)

sawtooth

Thanks for the comments chaps - and muchos grats to Pedders for posting the photos.

As Jem has his ironing board for live use,  I thought I needed my own USP, hence you'll notice  the MIDI step ladders positioned on the right of the pics. Sadly I was so busy on the keys, I had little time to explore the sonics of the top rung, which is tuned to F sharp.......

We are in the midst of writing new stuff, which feels good cos I'm involved from the get-go rather than playing roughly what was on the existing CD releases, and there is even talk of incorporating (shock, horror) some vocals!

We hope to get involved in a festival or two later in the year and maybe more support slots, so I'll keep you posted x

Pedro

sawtooth

That would be lovely, but I think we are a bit minnow-esque for that!
Still, if you never ask.....

sawtooth

Very pleased to announce that Red Bazar are on the cover disc of the 200th Anniversary issue of the CRS Rock Society magazine. A track taken from their last album Differential Being released in 2010 before I joined on keyboards (and the band would probably say all the better for it!)
There's loads of other fantastic tracks on there from artists like Matt Stevens, Panic Room and RPWL to name but three, plus the mag is a bloody good read too!

rogerg