Previous topic - Next topic

David

Aha, glad you like it - I'm afraid I remain childish  :oops:  :lol:

RacingHippo

It sure beats a window-cling  :mrgreen:
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

Full marks, RH!
I trust it is now in the freezer (having eaten all of the Aunt Bessie's Roast Potatoes and Walls Twister ice creams to make room)?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nellie

That is very good RH. Did it take you hours?
I was going to take a picture of the snowman we made yesterday with the Frost* beanie but "apparently" it's been left at school!!! 5 year olds can't be trusted with anything.
It's in the post!

rogerg

RacingHippo

Thanks guys! It was just a sudden inspiration.

Quote from: "Nellie"Did it take you hours?
Nah - I just hacked it out of the 6-inch blanket of snow that was on my car with a window-scraper-thingy. Took about 10 minutes, I think.
However, I stared at it for another 10 not wanting to destroy it so that I could move the car :(

Quote from: "Nellie"I was going to take a picture of the snowman we made yesterday with the Frost* beanie but "apparently" it's been left at school!!! 5 year olds can't be trusted with anything.
Ahh, my 6yo is not entrusted with my beanie for that very reason.
That and the fact that I'm usually wearing it when I walk him to school :)
* May contain nuts.

Nellie

He's now stolen Milliontown to play as his bedtime music. Oh, and he doesn't want to be an engineer anymore as he wants to be a wizard :lol:
It's in the post!

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Nellie"Oh, and he doesn't want to be an engineer anymore as he wants to be a wizard :lol:
When done well, it amounts to the same thing.

After all, as that Clarke fella said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
* May contain nuts.

David

Quote from: "Nellie"He's now stolen Milliontown to play as his bedtime music.

I used "No me, No You" to teach children how to hear the time signature's changing
(verse-chorus = 4/4 6/8)

Early brainwashing for future frosties*  :lol:

Trapezium Artist

Given that there was finally enough snow down here in Devon to make the news today (although what on earth people were doing trying to get up Haldon Hill last night is beyond me), here's evidence that by fully embracing their Frost*ieness, Devon schoolchildren this morning are happily venturing out into The Great White and getting on with their studies.

Citius, altius, frostius!

Nellie

Now there's spooky! I am looking at houses in Devon with a view to relocate in the summer. Tiverton/Cullompton ish.
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Nellie"Now there's spooky! I am looking at houses in Devon with a view to relocate in the summer. Tiverton/Cullompton ish.

Ooh, can you feel the synchronistic power of almost flirting?  ;)

We're east of Exeter, near Aylesbeare, in the so-called (by East Devonians who refuse to accept that house prices will tumble here too) Golden Triangle between Exeter, Exmouth, and Sidmouth. Very nice area, closer to the coast, and with Woodbury and Aylesbeare commons on our doorstep.

Don't know too much about Tiverton or Cullompton, except as places to go through on the train or drive past on the motorway. But we made the decision to be nearer the coast rather than inland; does it have to be Tiverton/Cullompton for work reasons?

Dave M

Quote from: "David"Even in chidren's books :

:mrgreen:

Absolutely BRILLIANT

Anyone else see this as a t shirt design ? ... JJJ .. get those t shirt presses fired up !
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Nellie"Now there's spooky! I am looking at houses in Devon with a view to relocate in the summer. Tiverton/Cullompton ish.
It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a sm- (oh forget that)....

I was born in Tiverton and lived there 'til I was 18 (1978).
My parents lived there until a couple of years ago....they are still there in a way.
I played my first gig in Cullompton (some girl's birthday party - poor thing!) and there's a branch of the firm my Dad worked for there.
My Dad, last to go, was in a home in Cullompton. We sold my parents place a couple of years back.

None of this is much in the way of useful information but I can say that Tiverton has changed a lot. It is a nice part of the world but given the chance I would delve deeper into the West Country and have a well insulated (cold out/sound in) house on the coast of Cornwall.

One of my old school friends runs an estate agent in Tiverton; Watts & Sons - very friendly bunch and good at what they do.

Good luck with the search!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nellie

I have decided that there are too many people in this part of London's suburbs and I am becoming claustrophobic. We live too close to the airport. We can fairly easily relocate as I don't do work at the moment and if I did it would be from home and my houseband can (probably) transfer to Taunton.
I don't want my childrens' vocabulary to be interspersed with gratuitous swear words! Not yet anyway.
Willand is the village I am obsessing about this week. :)
Small world indeed though.
It's in the post!