Reviews: Frost* at The Peel

Started by ich_bin_besser, December 19, 2008, 11:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ich_bin_besser

Just thought I'd open a thread where the attendees post their reviews. In thoughts, I'm there.  8-)
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Ash

I guess this thread will get quite busy then  :)   This time tomorrow it will all be over.
Ash
xxx

LivingForever

Pah, Frost might have come off stage in 24 hours but the night will be FAR from over... and as for the Prog-weekend... don't expect any reviews from me till Monday night!  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

sawtooth

Can I be the first to say it was F***ING BRILLIANT? :D

I'll confirm it tomozza though ;)

tomskerous

Yeah, but the new keyboard player wasn't up to much. Still bald and stuff, but too american and too much of a tendency to just shredding without any emotion. Can't see him lasting.

The John Boyes hologram for the guitar solo will take some beating though.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

sawtooth

Quote from: "tomskerous"Yeah, but the new keyboard player wasn't up to much. Still bald and stuff, but too american and too much of a tendency to just shredding without any emotion. Can't see him lasting.

The John Boyes hologram for the guitar solo will take some beating though.

I don't know, I thought the highlight of the evening was seeing JJJ crowdsurfing. Until Pedders got in the way. ;)  :D

tomskerous

And, I guess we have to ask, why were they all dressed as Huguenots?
I said no.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

sawtooth

Quote from: "tomskerous"And, I guess we have to ask, why were they all dressed as Huguenots?

Good question Tom, but that was only until the first costume change during Andy's drum solo, when his drum riser rose majestically a full 2ft into the heavens, spouting lasers, dry ice and fireworks, allowing the band to nip off stage and don a fetching combo of lycra and capes and high heels. :D

If I remember correctly... ;)

RacingHippo

Mind you, after what Dec did to him, it's no wonder TBE wants to give up live performance with Frost*.
* May contain nuts.

tomskerous

Well you could see the hormone tablets were kicking in anyway, it's just brought that forward a few months.
I said no.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

LivingForever

The special cover versions were the best though.

I never knew Jowitt could sing like Katy Perry.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Ash

Cos of circumstances - I get to do the first serious review!

I really do not want to know what I missed.  :(

So anyway

decided to drink which meant leaving at 10.50  :cry:  to get trains for connecting trains and they were just starting to do the encores

also must remember that my camera is not very good at audio when being used as a camcorder - and I am sure you all wanted to see The Lamb....

WW has a very nice new hair do btw.  Only Frost*ies I had a chance to meet that I hadn't met before were Living Forever and Catherine.  Pleasure.   :D   I do hope Catherine taunted Tom with her t-shirt  :lol:

So anyway, IT WAS FAB!!  I must say that they sounded so much better than when they were supporting Spocks Beard and at Summers End.  

But I am very tired and have to get up for kids and more importantly Tinyfish...  

G'Night!
Ash
xxx

Qjimbo

Just got back, was awesome. The live arrangements of the songs were wonderful, very solid and enjoyable, the most impressive re-arrangement being The Other Me. The highlights were Wonderland, Milliontown and The Other Me in my opinion, but I also thoroughly enjoyed the random musical and non-musical fooling around that made it really feel like a Christmas party instead of a gig (which was cool as it's also my birthday!).

I'm also thankful that I was with all the frosties who actually really got into it and had a dance :D You guys rock! (particularly LivingForever (that was you right?) and Philadelphia!)

On a final note, what was the deal with  everyone kissing Jem on the head? It was like he was the pope or something :lol:
Industry!
Science and Technology!
*plink plink*
Big men, putting screwdrivers into things!
Turning them, and adjusting them!

Brom

Ditto the above. A great party atmosphere, lots of tomfoolery and some great music!

Here's the setlist.

BLM
Pocket Sun
EIMA
Something non Frost I could'nt put my finger on
Hyperventilate
Wonderland
Snowman
Toys
Milliontown

1st Encore
Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Jems salute to the Mellotron!! :D
& Fly on a Windshield nicely into -
The Other Me.

2nd Encore
I wish it could be Christmas every day, with (forgive me if I'm wrong) Frostie* Cosmic Lawnmower? on "Volunteer" guest vocals!, well done that man.

More later, pics arn't too great as I only took the compact camera - But I did get the whole of the BLM solo, close up, on vid, so that will follow.  :D

Good night.

:D  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Slntpsych1