desert island discs....

Started by rogerg, June 06, 2009, 02:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geetar

Well, I can always bring my 12 year old daughter's collection of pop music. Or another couple of hundred jazz albums.

I'll bring the big powered monitors, a decent D/A converter and a couple of Mac servers for the iTunes jockeys.

But I'll be badgered if I'm pedalling the bicycle to power it all. I nominate rogerg for that job. I'm  doing the fishing, and I'll need help to carry all the beer; it's to keep me going, you understand. Can't fish without beer.

And you vinyl junkies can bring your own sodding turntable.
This space for sale.

catherine

Well, if someone can build me a bread oven then we can have Marmite on toast! TA, I think I'll nominate you for the daytime job of domesticating /tending the local wildlife (the stars only come out when it's dark, right?) so that we have a source of milk and eggs - and if someone can make cheese and grow tomatoes then we can have pizza every day!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"Well, if someone can build me a bread oven then we can have Marmite on toast! TA, I think I'll nominate you for the daytime job of domesticating /tending the local wildlife (the stars only come out when it's dark, right?) so that we have a source of milk and eggs - and if someone can make cheese and grow tomatoes then we can have pizza every day!

Eeek - not so sure I should be trusted with the wildlife. I very nearly totalled a very cute looking fox cub last night when driving home after midnight  :shock:

I'd already seen one (a cub) that had been sadly hit a few miles earlier  :(  and was thinking that I never wanted to have that on my conscience, when rounding a corner I suddenly came upon another one who wasn't quite sure which way to run. Slammed on the brakes and missed him by a whisker, literally.

Then again, there are no cars on our island, right? The geckos will be safe, even if I'm not sure they make enough milk for mozzarella  :D

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "Geetar"And I'll need help to carry all the beer.

No need to carry. I can brew the beer. Being an ex-brewer. :D  :D

The music is looking pretty good so far. Just add some:

Jack Johnson & Donovan Frankenreiter for that cool island vibe.

And

Cream: Strange Brew... to, well, brew to. :D  :D
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Geetar

At last- someone with a decent skill set.

BBS, you're a star.
This space for sale.

catherine

I can do wine and mead as well...

Geetar

Well, between you both, I think we have most of we need. But one vital thing remains, as catherine has pointed out- is there someone who can make cheese (both Western style and paneer) among us?
This space for sale.

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

Aye, but will he kind and give it to us? He may become sadistic and make us fight for it. (Starts sharpening rocks behind back)  :twisted:

I can have a go at making cheese, but I can't be held responsible for what abomination against nature would be created from the experiments...  :shock:

rogerg

hmm, I have to pedal the bicycle?

Geetar

Yes, but look on the bright side- nobody needs power much after 2am; so you'll get at least five hours of sleep between shifts.
This space for sale.

rogerg

oh, I feel much better now....

Nellie

Far too many boys on this island! Catherine will spend her whole time clearing up.
No particular albums but anything by:
Ian Dury
Fun Loving Criminals
Santana
ELO
Scissor Sisters (for dancing) :lol:
It's in the post!

D S

Quote from: "Geetar"is there someone who can make cheese (both Western style and paneer) among us?
Blessed are the cheese-makers!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Geetar

Well, Nellie, there may be too any of us blokes, but at least there'll be replacements for rogerg when he keels over from ten or eleven weeks pedalling the generator bicycle.
This space for sale.