Summer's End '09 - Dates & First bands announced

Started by Pedro, February 14, 2009, 07:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Summer's End will be at Lydney again on October 9th, 10th & 11th.
No news on bands yet but we know that Frost* cannot play due to the festival's (very sensible IMHO) rule. *Let's not attack the festival for this, it's their ball after all. :D
 Of course, this doesn't mean some of the Fab5 won't be there for one reason or another.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Tricky

So I hope negotiations are underway to get It Bites, Tinyfish, Touchstone, The Pineapple Thief, PRR etc??

/wishful thinking
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Pedro

LOL
I know what you mean but I'm pretty sure most of those played at SE recently enough to not qualify this time. Don't know when TPT or PRR last played there. I agree that all would make a scorching line-up. :)
Announcements of first names is expected mid week apparently.

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Excellent news! I'll be booking my tickets as soon as they go on sale...
I saw PRR at Bilston in 06, so maybe due for a return, perhaps too for Darwins Radio? Blind Ego? Dreamscape? The Reasoning? I'd love it if they'd get Marillion to headline one of the nights, have to say I'd be happy to see Threshold again although I know they've done two on the trot.

Whatever, we will be there.  ;)

Pedro

Agreed.
Mrs Pedro and I should be there....it will make a good start to our 25th Wedding Anniversary festivities!  :D

Dave M

Pedders .. sorry for ignorance ... whats the rule you speak of ?

If you play the year before, you cant play again ?
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

catherine

the first night clashes with Porcupine Tree playing in London...

MrsJiB

Ooooh! me thinks it we might be camping again that weekend!!!!! how fortuitous :roll:  :roll:

johninblack

Quote from: "Dave M"Pedders .. sorry for ignorance ... whats the rule you speak of ?

If you play the year before, you cant play again ?
Yup...
They don't have bands two years running, Threshold were a special case as their SE07 set was cut short due to late running sound checks so they had them headline the '08 Friday night as compensation......sort of....
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Nellie

It's in the post!

LivingForever

Isn't the rule that the bands can't have played at the previous 2 festivals?

:?
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

I think that LFE is right....I have heard it called "the three year" rule. Artists do pop-up more often by cleverly re-packaging....Mitchell and Beck for example, Christina Booth did some of her own songs 2 years back accompanied by Rob Reed and Chris Fry....I tried to suggest that Simon and co. glam-up and re-apply as Trannyfish but they didn't take the bait.  :D

Nellie

It's in the post!

Cynthia's Mallet

Great news and it doesn't clash with anything else   :D   I'd love to see Marillion again - hey, what about Mitchell and Dunnery doing a set together, now that would be something!  Other than that I'm just happy to spend a weekend progged out to be honest!   8-)
"Anyone for croquet?..."

Mouse

If Marillion headline or are anywhere on the bill I'd be there like a shot. It'd also be a great opportunity to be introduced to some great Prog bands that you lot know so well, but have so far eluded me.

How much does the whole thingy usually cost?