Songsmith --- Now with sample output

Started by catherine, January 21, 2009, 09:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philadelphia

I'm... laughing... but I'm in pain at the same time... Is this normal?
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

David

Quote from: "Pedro"Just in case anyone was wondering what it would be like if Songsmith heard The Other Me vocals, now you can hear for yourselves.

I knew someone would try this soon :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The country one is hilarious  :P

It's interesting though to hear that this software can't manage the rich harmonic structure : Jem is quite a fine melodist  8-)

Geetar

Quote from: "Philadelphia"I'm... laughing... but I'm in pain at the same time... Is this normal?

There is a normal response to this load of old cods ?
This space for sale.

Pedro

Quote from: "Geetar"
Quote from: "Philadelphia"I'm... laughing... but I'm in pain at the same time... Is this normal?

There is a normal response to this load of old cods ?
Yep...and it sounds like you are having it, Geet!  :lol:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

I reckon this counts as Abuse of Moderator Privileges.
I.e. If you weren't one, you'd have been banned for such sacrilege!

PS. Pure genius, as usual.
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

LOL
Yes, there is a certain amount of haddock extraction potential inherent in airing such monstrous carbuncles but (hopefully) Jem lets such transgressions slide with just a roll of the eyes.... *looks skyward checking for gathering storm clouds....

The way I look at it (and I do look a tit quite often!) as David pointed out, someone was going to do it sooner or later so I thought I'd take the bullet.....*listens for gun being loaded....

Oddly, while I haven't listened to these versions very much because the instrument sounds are so Bontempi (surprised Garritan put their name to it really) I have found myself replaying some of the chord sequences in my head. What this tool does (in terms of hearing a melody and selecting chords that even half work) is technically quite clever.

That doesn't make it right though....

catherine

Nice one Pedders. I'm sure Jem will view it as an act of homage, pursued in the spirit of scientific enquiry, rather than one of vicious haddock extraction.

(Wish I could have done it but I still have sound card woes...  :cry: and lack of time woes as well.)

Pedro

Quote from: "catherine"Nice one Pedders. I'm sure Jem will view it as an act of homage, pursued in the spirit of scientific enquiry, rather than one of vicious haddock extraction.

(Wish I could have done it but I still have sound card woes...  :cry: and lack of time woes as well.)
Thanks Catherine.  :)
Actually, I expect Jem would be quite grateful to have a vicious Haddock extracted as quickly as possible!

Hope your woes goes.... :)

rogerg

damn, that is going on the iPod.  classic.

Geetar

Yes, while I take my titfer off to you for this...er...act of devotion, Pedders, I'm mostly thinking of Samuel Johnson's observation when I consider what Garritan has achieved with this:

"... like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."
This space for sale.

Pedro

Quote from: "Geetar""....like a dog's walking on his hind legs...."
LOL Pretty good analogy too because both can result in a surprising display of bollocks....

I don't take my coat off these days....

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Pedro"
LOL Pretty good analogy too because both can result in a surprising display of bollocks....

I recently enforced a "no eating during QI" rule since I nearly choked on my dinner. I think I'll have to do the same with this forum... (;-)
- Pedro

Pedro

Quote from: "Pedro"

Hmmm....reading that again perhaps I should hastily clarify that the reference to my coat is 101% connected with the way people around here often say "I'll get my coat...." and in no way suggesting that it covers any sort of surprising display....  :?

note to self: Think these things through more carefully....

rogerg

Philadelphia

Pedro: I think that was clear!

But it was actually more hilarious the other way. (;-)
- Pedro