Chinese Democracy

Started by Lerxst, November 20, 2008, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lerxst

Let me be blunt - I really dislike Guns and Roses, I've never liked them, think they and their guitarist was very overrated etc etc. Listening to first bar of Sweet Child of Mine makes me want to spontaneously combust.

For some crazy reason I decided to listen to "Chinese Democracy today" - it's being played on myspace as an exclusive before its released next week.

Well I'm frankly stunned because its frigging excellent and such a departure from GNR v1.0 - never thought I'd say this but I'm recommending as an essential purchase.

I need to sit down now.... :shock:

James_S

Quote from: "Lerxst"Let me be blunt - I really dislike Guns and Roses, I've never liked them, think they and their guitarist was very overrated etc etc. Listening to first bar of Sweet Child of Mine makes me want to spontaneously combust.

For some crazy reason I decided to listen to "Chinese Democracy today" - it's being played on myspace as an exclusive before its released next week.

Well I'm frankly stunned because its frigging excellent and such a departure from GNR v1.0 - never thought I'd say this but I'm recommending as an essential purchase.

I'd be stunned too, but I can't get past Axl's voice - I'd rather listen to people scraping fingernails down blackboards.  :evil:
So many keyboards, so little time!

James_S

Quote from: "eponymous"
Quote from: "James_S"I'd be stunned too, but I can't get past Axl's voice - I'd rather listen to people scraping fingernails down blackboards.  :evil:
Stephen Pearcy then?  Or more Tom Keifer?  ;)

Can't say I'm too bothered about either.

Mind you, I like Rush, so what do I know ;)
So many keyboards, so little time!

johninblack

Quote from: "Lerxst"Let me be blunt - I really dislike Guns and Roses, I've never liked them, think they and their guitarist was very overrated etc etc. Listening to first bar of Sweet Child of Mine makes me want to spontaneously combust.

I get what you mean, I'd never guess that was GnR! Very, very different from previous releases, but then again the band lineup is somewhat different too.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Lerxst

As in guitarists that have some talent  :D

Dave M

I just tried the preview on itunes .. chuffing useless .. 20 seconds of a cack intro !

I read Brian May is a bit miffed at having been dropped from the album .. him and about 50 others !
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Lerxst

Dave, try here:

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

You can hear the whole album online (with or without Brian May  :o )

Dave M

... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

johninblack

Quote from: "Lerxst"As in guitarists that have some talent  :D

I never said that. :evil:

I only thought it :D  :D  :D Not the same thing at all :lol:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Lerxst

Let's face it, the previous guitarist made an awful lot of dough out of regurgitating the same sh*t solo track after track  :roll:

johninblack

Quote from: "Lerxst"Let's face it, the previous guitarist made an awful lot of dough out of regurgitating the same sh*t solo track after track  :roll:

Harsh, very harsh........but true. :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Lerxst

Hail Bumblefoot and his anti-Slash approach to guitar playing!

RWA

My God, this must be the most expensive production EVER! They worked on it for 12 years or so, didn't they?!  :lol:

Lerxst

Wasn't it about 46 years in the making this album?
At a cost of 3 billion dollars?
 :mrgreen:

taliwakker

I'll get this album solely to hear Bumblefoot's guitar work. I've been a big fan of his playing for over 10 years now. Whether or not i can sit through Axl's "singing" til the solo's remains to be seen.