Main Menu

Kronos

Started by Jem, January 14, 2011, 10:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.S.

Lucky bastard. Let's change jobs.  :D

RWA

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"
Quote from: "Jem"Well well, that's me humbled. Korg UK have been in touch and have very kindly offered to bring a prototype Kronos round to Cube Towers next month for me to have a play with.

I have to say, I'm super impressed by that. Fair play. 8-)

Awesome! oh to be a professional musician ;)
That has little to do with anything me thinks. Jem's a great kisser (as most of us know) and I reckon Jordan R has been bragging about it.  ;)

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "RWA"That has little to do with anything me thinks. Jem's a great kisser (as most of us know) and I reckon Jordan R has been bragging about it.  ;)

Figrures! Is there anything he isn't good at? :P
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

I say, that is proper that is. :) Those Korg guys know what they are doing.
I hope it lives up to its promise...and that you tell us all about it!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Pedro"...and that you tell us all about it!

A Kronos report?

rogerg

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"
Quote from: "Pedro"...and that you tell us all about it!

A Kronos report?

hopefully there's time for that!   :D

E.S.

Yes! What better way to demonstrate it than have dear Uncle Frost* do it :D

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "rogerg"hopefully there's time for that!   :D

genius  :D

(edited to add smiley so not to appear sarcastic)

finbeard

Oh, to be one of you keyboard kids.  ;)
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

JEM.D

Gonna get me a 73, although I too am put off by the weighted keys, but I do love Korg stuff. Got a Nord Stage 2 compact on order too, arrival Mid april. Have got Sweden rock, Download , and Support with Journey in Europe so I recon these 2 Cheeseboards should cover it if my  Mainstage screws up. Old skool I'm afraid and not quite ready to make the leap of faith and totally rely on my Mac, even tho I've pimped it up to 8 gig ram. So will be flogging my old Nord Stage 88 and Fatom x6 to pave the way. Hanging onto my Fantom G7 tho, lov that too much! !

Yamahaforums

Nice looking bit of kit that Kronos but, is this taking us forward any? All they have done is take a load of stuff already out there and shoved it in one box, which is a commendable idea but is anyone going to be producing some fantastic new genre of music because of it ?

I would definitely have one if I could afford it but I know I would only use about 10% of it's capabilities if that and then I'd be looking over the horizon for the next wonder keyboard, crap musician see, always blames his tools  :lol:

I haven't even scratched the surface of the Fantom G yet...but then it would probably help..A LOT if i read the manual  :lol:

Anyway, been saying for ages that Korg need to get Jem on board to do their product demos because most of their demonstrators just put you to sleep...zzzzzzz

Looking forward to that Kronos report :)

Againesis

Quote from: "Yamahaforums"Looking forward to that Kronos report
Hmmm...my wallet's not  :roll:
There are only 10 types of people]

Yamahaforums

Quote from: "Againesis"

Well I'm safe cos I can't afford it anyway....but then again  :idea:

Againesis

Quote from: "Yamahaforums"
Quote from: "Againesis"

Well I'm safe cos I can't afford it anyway....but then again  :idea:
Personally it would depend how far through the floor of my studio my OASYS resale price drops as soon as the Kronos appears
There are only 10 types of people]

Yamahaforums

Blimey, yeah the Oasys is dropping fast :( Still, that's an attractive proposition in itself. With keyboards like that there is happily a bottoming out in price because it's a fantastic bit of kit and really, if you think about it, way more than most musos are ever going to need. The Kronos is just attractive because it's new and of course we all like new kit to play with :)

My wife has been a great supporter in my ficklness with keyboards over the last ten years but I think even she would baulk at me laying out 3 grand for what is, If I am realistic, just eye candy for me.

I sometimes think it would be a good idea if I locked myself in a room with a keyboard and made everyone promise to not let me out until I had actually learned how to use it!  :lol: