The Peel 2009

Started by Mick, November 20, 2008, 09:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

James will post a proper review at some point I am sure.

Look at this ...

If that instilled a feeling of love and nostalgia and excited anticipation - last night was the gig for you.

If you thought WTF?  Well stop listening to H   ;)

I have woken with an earworm of As Grendel leaves his mossy home - something which I am unsure if I like rattling around in my head.  I knew more of Grendel than I thought I would remember but knew nothing of Charting the Single - that was weird.  In fact it was weird hearing Three Boats, Charting and Grendel.  Being far too young for the Marquee days this was the first time I had heard these live albeit by a tribute band.

Husband had a brilliant time too.  All of it.
Ash
xxx

Mick

It was a great night and everyone had a good time :D

Mick

Saturday 31st January 2009 PANIC ROOM & JUMP Panic Room released One of the best albums of 2008! £10.00 adv (Please note this is a rescheduled show previous ticket holders will be contacted

Mick

Quote from: "Mick"Saturday 31st January 2009 PANIC ROOM & JUMP Panic Room released One of the best albums of 2008! £10.00 adv (Please note this is a rescheduled show previous ticket holders will be contacted
Looking like another big crowd for the Peel again :mrgreen:

johninblack

Quote from: "Mick"
Quote from: "Mick"Saturday 31st January 2009 PANIC ROOM & JUMP Panic Room released One of the best albums of 2008! £10.00 adv (Please note this is a rescheduled show previous ticket holders will be contacted
Looking like another big crowd for the Peel again :mrgreen:
Hope so mate. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

It's a shame The Peel would be quite a bit of a bugger for me to get to, I'd love to go see Manning, Tinyfish, The Pinapple Thief, those Frost* chaps and all them others. Why isn't there somewhere like that up in t'North that decent bands can flock to?

Woe is Mouse... :(

RacingHippo

Woe is Hippo, too mate.
* May contain nuts.

catherine

Nellie

I am going so nernernanerner!! :lol:
It's in the post!

catherine

LivingForever

I am going to try to go to as many Peel gigs this year as possible! :-)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Mick

Also we are so nice at the Peel as well :D

catherine

mmm... I thought the atmosphere in the pole dancing bar was a bit dodgy.

johninblack

Quote from: "LivingForever"I am going to try to go to as many Peel gigs this year as possible! :-)
Same here obviously but looking at the finances that will probably be about twice. :cry: If I'm lucky.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mick

Quote from: "catherine"mmm... I thought the atmosphere in the pole dancing bar was a bit dodgy.

Wear something different next time, the punters might go for that ;)