Allow myself.........

Started by puppyonacid, March 04, 2009, 03:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puppyonacid

......to introduce myself  :D

I'm Phil. I am a recent convert to all things Frost*. I had heard about them last year, but only really started getting into the music over the past month or so. They are one of those bands (and there hasn't been many) that grabbed me from the moment I started paying attention. I'm still waiting for my copy of MillionTown to be delivered. And as soon as it's here I'll be ordering EIMA. Can't wait! In the meantime, I have watched al lthe youtube vids, including the on the road stuff they did supporting Spocks Beard. What a really nice bunch of chaps! And funny too  :D

So, Im going to see them at Leeds!. Woo! I've been a Dream Theater fan since I was a nipper. Seen them quite a few times and have got into Spocks Beard and Porcupine Tree as a result of seeing those bands support DT. However, this time I am going as much for the support as DT. I just can't wait to see Frost*! ANd I know they going to go down so well with the DT crowd.

I'm a guitar player in my own proggy outfit called Raising Angels. If you check out the hi res youtube vid of Hyperventilate, it's my band what has posted a video response entitled, quite imginitively "Angels Rising." I wanted to post it as a response as someobdy commented that they heard a Frost* influence. I wish it were so. But I didn't really start getting into them till I read this comment. Perhaps there's a retrospective influence! HeeHee. But I figured some of you guys might like it since, having heard Frost*, there does seem to be something frosty about our (MY!) composition!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB2gw5GwOYc

Be Sure to click the "watch in High Quality" option underneath the view count!

Yey! I'm a Frostie!!!!! They're Greeeeeeeeeeat

Roll on June

That is all

Carry on!

JamesA

I will have to wait until I get home before I can take a look...

Are you on MySpace ?

ich_bin_besser

Welcome Phil! Have fun!  :D

Jürgen
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Brom

Welcome!  :D

Just checked out your vids.... Bloody good stuff sir. Particularly liked Erotomania, nice one!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Bokkie

Welcome to this forum, puppyonacid. And have some biscuits while your here :)
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

puppyonacid

Thanks guys :-)

We do have a myspace but at the mo all we have up are the 3 vids we have on youtube. No singer at the mo ya see, plus due to perosnal circumstances we've spent the last few months writing. Hopefully recording soon, finding a singer, booking some gigs then you know.........and so on!

puppyonacid

On the other hand, my brother and I have a myspace for some things we do. It's different and probably not really going to appeal to anyone on here.............but I like it.

http://www.myspace.com/distantmessages

The second track "On the Revolutions of Heavenly Spheres" is the one with most of my playing on it. Well, it features samples of my guitar playing that we messed about with. Aside from the sequencer and drum machine pretty much everything else is guitar.

rogerg

welcome, pup!

I'm enjoying the tunes!

sorry to hear about the singer, she's um, pleasant to look at.
 8-)

puppyonacid

my thought exactley. Waddya gonna do? Time was short and the gig had to go ahead as it was for our drummers degree.

Changing the subject, will Nick D'Virgilio be drumming at Leeds? I hope so :). Apart from being an awesome drummist, I remember when I saw Spocks Beard that he had an pretty fab voice also. There is a funny anecdote about that. If you'll indulge me for a mo! When Spocks Beard were supporting DT on the Metropolis Part II tour, during their set Nick would up from the drums and take front stage to sing a song with Neil Morse. Of course, that meant no drummer. So in steps Mike Portnoy. For most of the gigs though, he'd come on stage wearing a hockey mask. Funnily enough, we all knew it was was Mike from the audience. So, at one particular gig, not sure which, up steps Nick and cue hockey mask wearing Mr. Portnoy only, it wasn't. It was John Petrucci. Who is as bad a drummer as he is good a guitar player! Now, I guess with the stage environment being awash with lights, and the fact that JP and MP had pretty similar hair back then, no one is Spocks Beard cottoned on. Until they were well into the song. That, and the fact they covered Nicks drums in talcum powder made for what sounded like a pretty fun gig.

I can't be held accountable for the validity here. But I remember it came from someone at the show.

Drarok

I don't believe that NDV will be drumming the UK,  but the other chap (who's name I've forgotten! Oops!) will be getting run through his paces.

johninblack

Quote from: "Drarok"I don't believe that NDV will be drumming the UK,  but the other chap (who's name I've forgotten! Oops!) will be getting run through his paces.
That will be Alex. Welcome to our little home from home on the interwebbynetyinterconnectedcomputerthingy puppyonacid.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Bert

Quote from: "puppyonacid"I've been a Dream Theater fan since I was a nipper.

For some reason, that makes me feel very old.  :(

Never mind  :D Welcome to the best band board by jiminee !  :D  :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

catherine

As Jem puts it, in Dear Dead Days:

Welcome to the family
Alone now you belong to me
Your life will be my property
I'll redefine your sanity

so welcome! And enjoy having your sanity redefined! We're a friendly bunch in here, but all completely barking.

Pedro

Quote from: "eponymous"sanity redefined!

And there's the tag line for the forum shirts, ala It Bite's "Oh my God, the genius of it all" on their original forum tees.

I quite like that.  :)

The only thought I'd had was "Testing what you think and feel" but "Sanity redefined" is better I think.

The It Biters are already on their second design of forum shirt(!), this one having a HarleyDavidson-style crest with the lyric quote "Senex et angelus video venestus caelum" as the crest's motto.

We should be better organised....we were holding off cos VitaminP was too busy....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Bokkie

Quote from: "rogerg"sorry to hear about the singer, she's um, pleasant to look at.
 8-)

understatement i say 8-)
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.