Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)

Started by RWA, August 10, 2010, 08:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

I was listening to the "acoustic" bit currently at the end of the piece and I found myself hearing another bit of vox.

So, luckily, Jem had made it available a while back for Ron's excellent You and I experiments (RWA-remix) so, with just a bit of nudging in terms of timing and a semitone shift up for the last four words, another suggestion was born....

http://www.box.net/shared/yzlg6t37to

It is uncanny (to me at least) how 90% of it just fell into place over the chord sequence.

If we do end up with some lyrics that fit between Milliontown and Wonderland then these will likely not fit...but the melody and phrasing could be kept with new lyrics. Just an idea.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Pedro

@Ron: Yes, I think I need to take a break from this....I'm becoming obsessive!
If you could get that pitch-bend sorted out I'd appreciate it (or pop-in any of the versions I put up in the meantime).  :)
Hearing it going wonky really jars.

Right, 1:11am....this was going to be an early night! :roll:

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"I was listening to the "acoustic" bit currently at the end of the piece and I found myself hearing another bit of vox.

So, luckily, Jem had made it available a while back for Ron's excellent You and I experiments (RWA-remix) so, with just a bit of nudging in terms of timing and a semitone shift up for the last four words, another suggestion was born....

http://www.box.net/shared/yzlg6t37to

It is uncanny (to me at least) how 90% of it just fell into place over the chord sequence.

If we do end up with some lyrics that fit between Milliontown and Wonderland then these will likely not fit...but the melody and phrasing could be kept with new lyrics. Just an idea.  :)
Ha! That's brilliant!!!! You have a good ear for these mash ups sir Pedro.  :D

I love how this song is build on Frost* bits taken out of their context. And we haven't even started playing stuff backwards! :shock:

gr8gonzo

So, we're not limiting ourselves to Milliontown song bits, then? That's good, because the original section I'm working on has Mtown and EIMA bookends.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

RWA

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"So, we're not limiting ourselves to Milliontown song bits, then? That's good, because the original section I'm working on has Mtown and EIMA bookends.
We're only limited by earths gravitation but I'm working on that as well!
Love to hear what you come up with Gonzo.  :)

Dave M

Pedro .. you clever bugger ! That sounds great  :D
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

E.S.

Yo.
I was about to export the stuff I did for my last part, but somehow there's no sound there. Something's wrong with my system here, after I reorganized some stuff. So I guess I would have to re-record it, or even better, maybe a real guitarist and bass player could do it properly.
I have so much to do with other recordings, so I don't know how much more I can add to this masterpiece. I'm turning into Jem, it seems.. only he's working with more well-known people and probably earns a dime or two. :mrgreen:
Workload is the same. Where did I go wrong? :lol:

RWA

Quote from: "E.S."Yo.
I was about to export the stuff I did for my last part, but somehow there's no sound there. Something's wrong with my system here, after I reorganized some stuff. So I guess I would have to re-record it, or even better, maybe a real guitarist and bass player could do it properly.
I have so much to do with other recordings, so I don't know how much more I can add to this masterpiece. I'm turning into Jem, it seems.. only he's working with more well-known people and probably earns a dime or two. :mrgreen:
Workload is the same. Where did I go wrong? :lol:
To bad you can't contribute more but it would be great if you could find the time to at least export the parts you've done so far according to the FFCS version 7. Once you've got your system running again that is....  ;)

RWA

In a week or so I'll be a bit busy setting up my new system and getting the old system ready for a friend of mine. This is also a good time to clean out my studio for once. It's a horror to detach all the gear and take it from its place but this is a good time to do it.....  :?  

In the meantime, keep submitting stuff! I'll continue this when I'm up and running again. RWA 2.0 it'll be!  ;)

ps: if you never hear from me again...... the entire thing most likely exploded. Keep your eyes on any "home studio exploded in the north of Holland" news footage.  :P

RWA

*Bump*

Studio RWA 2.0 is in business! Everything cleaned out and new gear placed and installed and configured and what not.

*Testing 1,2... testing 1,2....*
It's alive!  :mrgreen:

Waiting for folks to submit stuff. Cubase 5.5.1 is waiting!  ;)

Pedro

Ooh, does that mean that the pitch-bend on the first solo can now be corrected then?  ;)  ;)

I shall have to revisit this soon, up to my neck in video clips at the moment.

Drarok

What a coincidence, I've been noodling on my guitar this very eve!

RWA

So yeah...... anyone still interested in this or what?!  :)
I have a load of empty folders over at box.net from people who signed up. Overall nothing has happened in weeks.

So seriously... is anyone still up for this.........?

L33VEY

Quote from: "RWA"So yeah...... anyone still interested in this or what?!  :)
I have a load of empty folders over at box.net from people who signed up. Overall nothing has happened in weeks.

I take all the blame - put some lyrics up and everyone disappears.......   :cry:
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

RWA

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "RWA"So yeah...... anyone still interested in this or what?!  :)

I take all the blame - put some lyrics up and everyone disappears.......
:lol: