Main Menu

Hi there!

Started by Sned, February 08, 2010, 02:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVP

Welcome aboard sir!

It's a nice place to come and relax.  Just watch out for the bots. They get pushy eat all the biscuits and drink all the beer,relieve themselves and don't clean up afterwards. Just give them a good flying kick and they'll go away ;)

Nellie

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "catherine"Actually, TA, Nellie and I are both sulking now as you mentioned the women in your life in a recent post and neither Nellie nor I featured. We feel used and discarded.

Oh gawd ...  :(  

Ah!   :idea:  How about this for a rapid attempt at recovery, Catherine?

I was talking about the women in my life, but I can only ever think of you and Nellie as young gals, tripping the prog light fantastic in eternal youth.

Ok ... it was rubbish. See, Sned? Even here on this forum, people of the female gender are just as impossible to comprehend as elsewhere in the world. But always worth trying, I reckon ...
Pah! :evil:
It's in the post!

rogerg

hey Sned.  is that like, "hey, it'S Ned!", or is your name really Send, and you just can't type, like me?

oh, and I hit a moose with my Honda Civic once.  bastage got up and walked away after he totaled my car.

RacingHippo

Quote from: "rogerg"oh, and I hit a moose with my Honda Civic once.  bastage got up and walked away after he totaled my car.

I'm trying to be shocked at such cold-blooded violence to another creature, but I'm just too impressed at your car-brandishing prowess.

PS. Sned - Please apologise to your drum-loop on my behalf. We drummers just get a bit sore about machines TAKING AWAY OUR BLOODY JOBSoh a biscuit, thanks Nellie.
* May contain nuts.

Sned

Quote from: "RacingHippo"PS. Sned - Please apologise to your drum-loop on my behalf. We drummers just get a bit sore about machines TAKING AWAY OUR BLOODY JOBSoh a biscuit, thanks Nellie.

Hehe oh don't worry about that - I'm mainly a drummer myself, I just thought that drum loops were fitting for this song (and I did it all in about 3 hours so didn't have time to get drums recorded). I've never really used them before so it was quite a different experience for me.

Quote from: "rogerg"hey Sned.  is that like, "hey, it'S Ned!", or is your name really Send, and you just can't type, like me?

oh, and I hit a moose with my Honda Civic once.  bastage got up and walked away after he totaled my car.

I think my name might have been "Send" a long time ago and I may have just forgotten. When I was driving down the motorway the other week I had a kamikaze bird fly right at the bonnet of my car - it didn't leave a dent but I've still got some feathers stuck in the grille. I think it might have left a dent if I wasn't on the crappy 50mph roadworks that seem to be spreading like a bad rash over the M1.

Big Black Shed

Never mind that:

The wave propagation speed in meter per second is the speed at which a wavefront (e.g. an acoustic signal or en electro-magnetic signal such as a radio wavefront, a light pulse in a fibre channel or a change of the electrical voltage on a copper wire) passes through a medium. The propagation speed for transmission in a vacuum, for example wireless communication, is the speed of light, meaning that the VoP of 1 (100%). In electrical cables, the speed mainly depends on the isolating material.

So, now you know. ;)  ;)  :roll:
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Geetar

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"In electrical cables, the speed mainly depends on the isolating material.

In my experience, specifying different isolation and jacketing material at manufacture seems to have small but identifiable spectral effects; and to some degree I believe that the transmission of the envelope, or "timing" of any set of complex waveforms - rather than just pure frequency and amplitude information-may vary minutely with frequency. And I haven't seen this modelled reliably yet. Thoughts, anyone?

Ah, another day. Hi, Sned. Is the kettle on?
This space for sale.

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Geetar"... I haven't seen this modelled reliably yet. Thoughts, anyone?
I'll get Pygmy Hippo to have a go. He's got LOTS of Lego to build models with.
* May contain nuts.

Geetar

What's he like at economic models? I find the little red bricks very useful for representing changes in public sector payroll year-on-year.

Gives a good idea of the size of the bloodbath to come...
This space for sale.

Drarok

Quote from: "Pedro"There's an excellent repository of bits and bobs from Jem and other Frost*ies stored away by the excellent Drarok at http://www.drarok.com/files/
No there isn't! I started working on a site at http://frost.drarok.com/ for people to contribute stuff to, but the stuff at the address you gave is just where I dump anything and everything, there happened to be some Frost* stuff in there, I have no doubt.

Perhaps you meant http://www.drarok.com/frost/ which is where I duplicated a load of stuff. :)

Pedro

D'Oh, my bad.
Thanks for doing it though, it's been great to wander back through some stuff. :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Drarok

I keep meaning to tidy it up a bit, add a few files that aren't on there, but I get distracted so easily... :9